Upvote 0

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me know if you need anything bud,been super busy with all of this but am still out of the "hot",zone.Prayin for you folks,but its looking more promising today.Give folks how bad the smoke is...they closed Wal-Mart.....

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet Dave,The Blackhawks,and C-130's are back active so the smoke is lifting,I am close enough its still pretty heavy here.I dont want to sound jaded,and am in no way saying it cant get ugly again,but Tuolumne City wasnt "Under Attack",like like they made it sound....its been exagerated on many accounts,and as said it has jumped out of that canyon before('87)and it can again

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if anybody's familiar with HAARP, but its been sitting over RIM fire area, since the beginning, I believe that's why its WILD winds
are driving this thing BEZERK! Been studying HAARP over 20 years, just another cause and effect! By the way its @ a purple level which is the highest ELF effect.

HaarpStatus North America ? TheWeatherSpace.com

johnnysau

Jelf

Aug 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The following link will always display the most perimeter of the Rim Fire straight from the GeoMAC server. This is the same server that also provides data to the crews on the fire line. Sometimes the data on the InciWeb site is not as current as the data that comes from the GeoMAC server. (The InciWeb site gets its data from GeoMAC.)

For more information regarding this map, you can follow the “About” link in the upper left corner of the map.

http://www.mappingsupport.com/p/fires/2013_rim_fire_map.html

Joseph - the Gmap4 guy

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Not to sound stupid, but what is Harp

Don't know if anybody's familiar with HAARP, but its been sitting over RIM fire area, since the beginning, I believe that's why its WILD winds
are driving this thing BEZERK! Been studying HAARP over 20 years, just another cause and effect! By the way its @ a purple level which is the highest ELF effect.

HaarpStatus North America ? TheWeatherSpace.com

johnnysau

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the map, much better than the InciWeb

The following link will always display the most perimeter of the Rim Fire straight from the GeoMAC server. This is the same server that also provides data to the crews on the fire line. Sometimes the data on the InciWeb site is not as current as the data that comes from the GeoMAC server. (The InciWeb site gets its data from GeoMAC.)

For more information regarding this map, you can follow the “About” link in the upper left corner of the map.

Rim Fire Map | Rim Fire Perimeter | Topographic

Joseph - the Gmap4 guy

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.........they know so much(the Gov)about whats good for the forests they are fighting to protect the Seqoua's........meat heads....fire is crucial to those tree's,its needed!!Same folks that like to tell us whats right and wrong......also wouldnt be in the shape we are in now if they would allow fires to burn,and the loggers to log...and the cattlemen to graze the fuels down...but what do they care...up to $12 million right now

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
As of Sunday morning, CalFire listed the status of the wildfires in the state:

• The Rim Fire, near Yosemite National Park in Tuolumne County, is the largest - 133,980 acres and counting, with 4,500 residences being threatened. It is currently ranked as the 15th largest fire in California recorded history, and is only 7 percent contained. Evacuations are in effect.

• The American Fire, northeast of Foresthill in Placer County, is now up to 24,135 acres and 78 percent contained.

• The Aspen fire, near Huntington Lake in Fresno County, came in at 22,791 acres and 95 percent contained.

• The Orleans Complex fire, six miles southeast of Somes Bar in Siskiyou County, has burned 20,770 acres, and is 39 percent contained.

• The Salmon River Complex, one mile west of Sawyers Bar, also in Siskiyou County, reached 14,547 acres and is 95 percent contained.

• The Spring Peak Fire , 15 miles northeast of Mono Lake in Mono County,, consumed 14,200 acres and is 98 percent contained. This fire is burning mostly in Nevada, but it did cross into California near Bodie State Park.

• The Corral Complex, burning 11,552 acres east of the Hoopa Indian Reservation in Humboldt County, is at zero percent containment.

• The Deer Fire, located 10 miles east of Los Molinos in Tehama County, is up to 10,270 acres, and only 21 percent contained.

• The Mission Fire, on the Fort Hunter Liggett Military Installation in Monterey County, is at 4,500 acres and 98 percent contained.

• The Fish Fire, 25 miles northeast of Springville, Tulare County has burned 1,000 acres and is only 5 percent contained.

• The Hough Complex, near Taylorsville in Plumas County is 100 percent contained at 513 acres.

• The Gobblers Fire, 6 miles south of Wrightwood, San Bernardino County has consumed 392 acres and is 83 percent contained.

• The Little Fire, off of Hwy 74 near Lake Hemet in Riverside County, which started on Saturday is currently at 50 acres. It is 10 percent contained.

• A forest fire, which destroyed a home near Georgetown in El Dorado County Saturday, grew to 45 acres. The blaze does not have a formal name, but was at 50 percent containment Saturday.

Thats 258,745 acres...

Last edited:

Jelf

Aug 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the kind words on the map link that I posted earlier.

This morning I discovered that the one of the GIS servers that I am pulling data from also has information showing the current hot spots. That data is now on the map and likely shows the areas where the fire is trying to expand.

See the "About" link in the upper left corner of the map for more information.

http://www.mappingsupport.com/p/fires/2013_rim_fire_map.html

Joseph, the Gmap4 guy

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the forum Jelf.

Just saw a report about the rim fire on the morning news. Now they're saying that it's grown so big that it may not be 100% contained until this winter, it's threatening the water supply for San Francisco and they've got aprox 3,500 people fighting it. Smoke footprint can be seen from space.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Private message sent Calisdad!!!

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great map spillercanyon. I had a feeling Sierra Pacific would break out the heavy equipment to protect their $500M in timber and the map clearly shows they have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread