Rinehart brief is out!

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe a few things will become more clear with the current Brief in Reinhart 16-970.
The preemptive scope of those statutes is not at issue here—and the preemptive effect of federal statutes governing other activities, such as “oil drilling” and “livestock grazing” (Pet. 31), is even further afield. This case presents only the question whether the Mining Act preempts a state moratorium on suction dredging. Even if that narrow question otherwise warranted this Court’s review, this case would not be an appropriate vehicle in which to consider it. Petitioner was convicted of two misdemeanors for conduct that occurred in June 2012. Pet. App. C2. The validity of those convictions turns on whether federal law preempted the California moratorium as it existed at that time. But California has now amended the moratorium, and the State is in the process of developing new regulations that may lift it altogether. The validity of California law as it stood five years ago is not a question of continuing importance.7
CONCLUSION
The petition for a writ of certiorari should be denied.

Respectfully submitted.

What was learned here.
What is the point here in layman's terms?

Last edited:

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What is the 'Opinion of the Court'?

OP
OP
ratled

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With the Rinehart response out now just wanted to remind everyone to be sure to send those letters into the court. Just need to send in one set of letters to the court (more can't hurt) but we can send in daily letters to the White House. There is no need to bug the PIO for the court though as the hard copy letters serve that purpose

Merry Christmas everyone

ratled

Sam_at_Armadillo

Oct 1, 2016
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is on another thread. I am posting here to continue to extent my offer of assistance.

If any one is in Southern Oregon and needs help getting Dave's provided letters on to paper to mail out, COME SEE ME!

I will put your name and address on them and print them for you.

All you have to do is sign, stamp and put in the mail.

Merry Christmas to all~
Sam

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread