SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been thwarted for the last week from metal detecting/water hunting by a series of home improvements and finally snuck away the other night for a brief water hunt, only to find that the beach was closing within 15 minutes of my arrival. Drats. Ran into a man as I was leaving, who lost his wedding band in wading deep water. No time to even look, took his name and number and told him I'd hunt for it as soon as I could, hoping no one else beat me to it. I did a slow search this morning and within ten minutes I found the sweet little ring, so small it kept falling through the holes in my scoop. Luckily the water was clear and I could see it drop and just picked it out of the water by hand. Thought at first it was a kids ring, but turns out to be 14k with likely a CZ. I love these little rings, I have four of them that I've found now and I plan to wear them together on a chain.

It took another 45 minutes to find the missing wedding band, but I was elated because this is the first time I've found something I was actually looking for in the water. It was out at about knee deep, just about where the owner said it would be but was a good ten feet away from the area where he thought he lost it. The band was custom made, the owner had told me, and so not easily replaced and I'm so happy to be able to return it to its owners.

UPDATE: Owner picked it up a short while ago. You could see the emotion on his face when he put the ring back on his finger. Left me with a thank you card which included $50.

Attachments

• both rings (2).jpg
    both rings (2).jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,199
  • WeddingRing.JPG
    WeddingRing.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,196
Upvote 0

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Chalk that one up for the detectorists doing great deeds. Great job on the find and return... :thumbsup: jgas

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Congrats on finding the ring for that guy, I'm sure he'll be ecstatic, great job :thumbsup: The other ring is nice too WTG!
Glenn

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Awesome rings, they are always a welcome surprise ;D

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a neat custom ring!!!

Good deeds brings about rewards.

I'm sure the person is really going to appreciate your phone call.

HH

Golddreamer

Aug 3, 2008
It was nice seeing you today,congratulations on finding that ring,and thank you for introducing me to this site

John

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool find! I love those kinds of stories!

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Nice job! So did you call him yet and give him the good news?

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
:thumbsup: bet ya he will be a happy camper!!

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
That is awesome! The custom ring is very cool, and its great that you are able to reunite it with its owner.

Nice work!

Jim

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
He said it was a custom band? Hmmm....

The ring you returned is an exact duplicate of my own wedding band. :icon_scratch:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
see being nice does pay off ---you find his ring PLUS a keeper for you and made $50 worth of hunting gas money lifes good ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread