RING TONES?

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
I've been detecting a freshwater beach from the 50's which is very seldom drained.I know that I'm not the first,but after finding several nickles,I knew there had to be gold.There was,5 gold bands,1 w/diamond,2 class rings(1 siladium w/10k inset)and 8-10 junkers!However I have found no small ladies rings w/bling.My question for those of us with TID is will these smaller rings generally give a vdi reading?I've tried digging targets that give a promising tone and below zero vdi and they've all been very small iron.I have also dug tiny peices of foil at 5"+ so I really don't feel like I'm missing anything.Any pointers out there?DBULL

Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's some sample data for various gold objects and their corresponding VDI. The smallest ring in the sample (baby ring) came in at around 8 VDI. Chains and small pendant/earrings can come in lower. Soounds like you're digging the right signals.

tbgo_gold_jewelry_id.jpg

tbgo_gold_jewelry_dfx_chart_1024.jpg

More info is at http://www.thebeepgoeson.com -> DOWNLOADS

HH!
Beep

OP
OP
XL-PRO PRO

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
Thanks TBGO! I hunt with an XL-PRO and dig all signals that give a positive vdi and even those that bump up to zero,disc at salt,signal as high as it can be run.Maybe I should try geb/sat and slow down my sweeps.I personally know of two wedding rings that were lost here in the late 60's.The rings I've found so far correspond pretty well to the chart.I have a limited time to work this area and am trying to make the best of it.DBULL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread