Risk Involved In Buying Bags? Absolutely

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
I have had no problems buying bags off machines until today, but luck was on my side. Teller said they had a few quarter bags so I took one 1K bag. Went home and got through it and headed to another bank to pick up 2K in halves I ordered. Turns out they never placed the order so I had nothing to pick up. This ended up being a very good thing in the end....

Decided to head back to the other bank to see how many other bags of quarters they had left. Teller said 2 which worked out perfectly so I took them both. Got through both and decided to go out and dump so I would be all cashed out tomorrow for my normal Wednesday pick up. First bank I go to, the teller informs me the bag totaled $919.50 - Uh oh... All the posts on bags being short at times came to mind rather quick. Next bank - Bag = 1K, perfect. Last bank, bag was over by $80.25 which brought everything back to equal.

On the banks end, all was well with the 3 bags as it all equaled out - However, had I not gone back for the 2nd and 3rd bag, I would have been $80.00 short. Good thing my halves were not ordered this week.

I found 1 1940 quarter total.

Upvote 0

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
1940?!? All I'm ever able t find is 1964D Quarters in circulation. Great find! Glad things turn out okay for you on the bags. Keep at them while you can. Getting cut off sucks :/

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
Facing risk like that, and rolling that much to get 1 quarter makes CRH'ers special.

Keep on Rollin' !!

AgRockStar

Jul 24, 2011
Iowa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. I found 6 halves today...still got a dime box to search.

HH

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
I'm glad it all worked out in the end.What is the mint mark on the 1940? The 40-D is a semi key.

conpewter

Aug 17, 2010
Illinois
If I'm ever able to find a place that will sell me bags I'm thinking of taking in one of those digital fish scales. Just hang the bag from it before I walk out. If it is underweight by a significant amount I wouldn't take it. (not sure how significant, but I'm thinking 5% below what it should be...)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread