Road Trip Results.....

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a couple of days for a relaxing road trip in the country. I mapped out a big loop, got addresses & phone numbers for all the banks in every town along my route. Thank you Google Earth.

Packed up the car with all of my tools...map...bank list...cash...canvas bags....well, you know the routine. Once I hit the road I started calling banks in the 1st town, then the 2nd and worked it like that all the way through.

Alot of banks did not have any halves and most that did had two and fews. I did encounter plenty of signs of other CRH'ers in these parts (the bigger towns) but I was snatching a few here and there.

I was about 3/4 through my route when I was about to thrown in the white flag and call it a trip because the remaining banks had about 3 rolls total. At that point I had about 90 silver halves. I looked at my bank list and saw that a bank I had called had 10 rolls about 10 miles off of my route. I said what the heck...I'm here so I went to this bank. The lady went into the vault and came out with a $100 tray. The wrappers were those old type wrappers that could be used for any coins. I noticed right away they had account numbers written on them so I knew they were turned in some time back and not rolled by the bank as they accumulated them. My eyes lit up at the site of those old wrappers. I gave her a $100 bill and skedaddled.

As soon as I got in my car I got a phone call so I wasn't able to check them just then so I started back to my original route. After I hung up I pulled into the first place I came to and started checking.......6 rolls of solid silver! The others had clad no older than late 70's. Now that was a fun 10 rolls!

The totals...

24-64's
6-65's
18-66's
57-67-s
81-68's
22-69's
1-61 Franklin
1-1987-D

210 Keepers

Attachments

• P7030020.jpg
    P7030020.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 284
  • P7030025.jpg
    P7030025.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 286
  • P7030028.jpg
    P7030028.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 284
Upvote 0

soldierman

May 18, 2006
Wish I could say the same for the little road trips I take.
So far my best road trip was 19 silvers.

WTG!

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Nice trip, LJ!
Great job on the solid silver!
I'm glad you took the time to go out of the way a little- that seems to be the type of bank that holds the motherlode!

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Thas awesome. I hope my vacation trip goes half as well. Mark
BTW got enough coin there for a bichin tower LOL.

OP
OP
LJ

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all.

ME_CO said:
BTW got enough coin there for a bichin tower LOL.

LOL Mark....I thought about your bridge when I was stacking them. I was too tired to do anything but my normal stack by date.

TXTim said:
I'm glad you took the time to go out of the way a little- that seems to be the type of bank that holds the motherlode!

Me too Tim. Your right about these type banks....you just never know until you try. This one just happened to work out. Usually these types are feast or famine.

soldierman said:
Wish I could say the same for the little road trips I take.
So far my best road trip was 19 silvers.

WTG!

Repeating many times here but keep plugging SM. You eventually will hit one that is loaded. Good luck.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome trip there LJ ! Glad you didn't give up.

Like you say, persistence, persistence, persistence.

$CUERVOJ

Jul 29, 2007
TEXAS
These are the kind of posts that keep me so interested in starting this new venture when I get back. Thanks so much LJ. Sounds like it was a great road trip. Thanks for the pictures as well. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions