Road trip with family vacation, scored some silver with pics!!!

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
I missed the forum while I was out West vacationing with the wife and kids (we went to WY, UT, ID, MT and visited family and Yellowstone etc.). Had a great trip and managed a little CRH! Here are the results:

Did 6 boxes of dimes and one bag ($1000 in dimes. Wow!!!).

Box 1: 4 Roosies
Box 2: 2 Roosies
Box 3: 5 Roosies (a record for me)
Box 4: 2 Roosies
Box 5: 2 Roosies
Box 6: 4 Roosies

And got 9 Roosies and the lone 1962 Canadian from the bag of dimes

All in all pretty happy with the dimes! Also got 3 2009s in BU.

Halve's got one $1000 bag and the rest from tellers:

Bag: 1 1964 and 2 40%ers plus a 1987

Teller trays: 1 1964 and 11 40%ers plus another 1987!

Nickels: Did one $200 bag and scored two war nickels plus a handful of pre 1960s including a 1939 S :icon_thumright:

And just for fun I got a $1000 bag of quarters and scored a lone 90% Washington and a weird Alabama quarter that has a solid silver color rim. I freaked out and thought I scored a silver proof, but it's a "P" mint. I weighed it now that I'm home and it's just about right on for a clad so I figure it must be one of the silver or platinum plated ones that were sold on TV etc??? Thoughts?

So, had a great vacation and scored some silver. Also picked up a silver proof set with the territory quarters (six in total) for $20! I figure it's worth about $40 just for silver -- got it at a antique/junk shop.

I'll be catching up on everyone's posts the next few days and I'm off to California next week for work. So hope to hit a few banks out there.

HSH to all!

Attachments

• July 11 roadtrip.jpg
    July 11 roadtrip.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 358
Upvote 0

mleblanc138

Feb 24, 2011
Orem, Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crazy that you found all of that out West. A lot of people say the West is horrible for CRHing.

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
Hey man, how did you take that picture? It is probably the best pic I have seen on here, as far as size and clarity. Nice haul by the way.

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot of things wierd about Alabama... :laughing9: :laughing9:

Sorry Silvercop, just had to say it... ;D

OP
OP
Numismaniac

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Rock Doc,

To answer your question on the pic I usually scan them on my flatbed scanner. Works like a charm. Then just resize it so it will fit on the web nicely.

Numismaniac

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Nice vacation and nice pile of silver. Great pic. Thanks and congratulations
rileyboy
(Rich, R.I.P.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread