Road tripping today

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, one bank that I made a relationship with called me yesterday saying that they have a $1000 bag of quarters from their customer coin machine ready for me so I plan on picking that up today. I figure while I am in town, I am going to hit a few banks, grab whatever they have in customer rolls of dimes, quarters, halves and check those over first, dumping at 3 bank branches in town I have accounts with and weed out every bank before grabbing the bag of quarters. I hope to do about $3,000-$4,000 in change today to make up for the last 2 weeks on not being able to hunt at all.

I have my map drawn, all bank info written down, drinking my coffee, getting ready to make breakfast and hope that the new job I put an application in for doesnt call me for an interview while I am out.

Yeah, speaking of that job.M-F 4pm-12:30am. Perfect job to allow me to still CRH and hit most auctions and all garage sales.

Wish me luck!

Upvote 0

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
Good Luck ;D Especially on the quarters. I've only found two from bags off machines. If you get a bunch that would be pretty cool. I predict more silver from teller trays and CWR than the quarters, but I'm wrong a lot...

Hit it!

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
I dont expect to hit the mother lode but you never know. This is an older community and people are cashing in their change to make ends meet, I bet those silver quarters could go right in too.

I have found 2 quarters in 3 brinks boxes last year.

1 found 1 in a tellers tray

Bought one off a guy at Coin Star when it came out his reject tray.

My main reason of going is to hit all the banks, grab all they have, search and dump, the $1000 bag is to take home and enjoy after the trip :D

OP
OP
The_EE

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, not a bad day but no where near as good as I had wanted.

26 rolls of Brinks dimes - nothing
10 rolls of CW Dimes - 98 Canadian
5 rolls of CW Quarters - Nothing
12 Rolls of CW Nickels - Nothing
50 rolls of Brinks Quarters - Nothing
50 rolls of Brinks Dimes - 2 Rosies and 1 64 Canadian
1 roll of halves - all 74's with no errors
100 rolls of Brinks Dimes - 1 Rosie
50 rolls of Brinks Dimes - Topeka Kansas Token and a toned dime
100 rolls of CW Quarters ( $1000 bag ) - Nothing but it seems the bag was $10 heavy, see if Coin Counter agrees tomorrow.

Got a handful of free Canadian coins, none old or silver but I figure I will add them to the collection of coins. I have one bank holding all the foreign coins from their reject tray from now on for me :D

IMAG0532.jpg

Turns out one coin I got was a 1971 5 Pence

The token description is as follows below.

Undated Transportation Token from Topeka, Kansas.
KS-940L.
Mintage of 200,000 struck in February, 1950.
Topeka Transportation Co., Inc.
Reverse states "Handy McToken says: Ride The Bus"
16 mm, Bronze

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread