roadtrip housing , the new extended stays

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
i feel this is treasure pertinent as we all need a place to stay on roadtrips

how many more treasure trips could u take if motels were half.

these weekly rate only places make even motel6 look expensive.

has anyone tried any of these like value place or inntown.

small studio for 2 for 149 to 199 a wk plus tax?

this is not an ad for them i want to know if anyone has

tried it?

Upvote 0

turtlefoot13

Aug 23, 2009
The Ozarks, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I haven't ever really thought about that. I almost usually hunt within 20-30 miles from my home but I have considered trips to other locations that I have been researching. I was considering camping at in the National Forest near the private property that I am hoping to get permission to hunt. Another plan for this summer is to try to get permission to hunt a couple of old town sites on one of the rivers that I take a kayak trip on every summer. That also, would involve camping though.

I am curious to hear other peoples input to your question. It sounds like it could be a decent way to have a place to stay (and make the trips longer) without emptying the savings account in the process.

Doug

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's nice for people who stay in motels - for sure.

However, we sleep in the back of our vehicle. We will stay at a motel every once in awhile, and never more than one night. My big reason for where I do stop, when we do, is: Do you take dogs - and, can I stay until noon. :laughing9:

B

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I use to be a vacation hunter. I would take off on long trips across the country to look for a well researched treasure, or to hit a couple of the Gold Prospector claims. At first, I camped,Later I used an old '78 class C MH untill it started to fall apart, But it taught me that a MH is the cheapest way to go. You pay a little more for the motor fuel, but you save on food and lodging. You can comfortable sleep in rest areas, Fix meals in picnic areas, and when you get to the search area, you can usually stay right there. This gives you a lot of time accually on site hunting. You can change your plans instantly. No cancellations, no hunting for a place to stay,no going back to town to eat, you have everything you need right there. Try renting a small one to see if you like it. I am retired and have a 21' MH on a dodge truck chassis. It has a 305HP diesel and 4wd. It gets back in the gold claims like Red Cloud Canyon.
When you get to my age, your back really likes that foam matress!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions