djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is a prime example of a rock pointer I found recently. I'd rather keep it's location un-disclosed, but I will say it points right to a shaft that also has things around the area to indicate someone spent quite a bit of time there.

Just wanted to share it with some of you. It's real, and points to a real shaft, that I also have a picture of, but would rather not post it.

Attachments

• rock pointer forum.jpg
    rock pointer forum.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 1,102
OP
OP
djui5

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, I finally found out what the shaft was. It points to the Silverlock mine...here's a picture of the shaft.

Attachments

• mine opening.jpg
    mine opening.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 989
OP
OP
djui5

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There won't be much there :) I couldn't find the tailings actually, but these guys did a lot of digging in the area, and from what I understand they didn't find anything at all.

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
djui5 said:
There won't be much there :) I couldn't find the tailings actually, but these guys did a lot of digging in the area, and from what I understand they didn't find anything at all.
Well, dj, at least you know where NOT to dig.... ;D

Laater...

OP
OP
djui5

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yep :) They actually find some of the ore dropped in the Massacre by the Indians, and were trying to locate it's source, therefore digging all these holes everywhere.

What's interesting is the trail leading to the spot, and the rock pointer. Neither of which I believe belonged to these 2.

Leones Corazon

Mar 26, 2006
Grand Junction Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808
Equinox 800
Go Find 60
Primary Interest:
Other
I have seen a few of these in my area but they did not point out a shaft.

Drop me an email or a space message as i have some diff thoughts on the subject.

DW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread