rock wizzards HELP

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.

Attachments

• IMG_1544.JPG
    IMG_1544.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 455

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi eldorado, seems to me most of your rocks are some different kinds and colors of quartz family. i am no expert either. the pounds of agate i have look nothing like your rocks.

Upvote 0

chadrack

Sep 20, 2008
No agate there. Agate is quartz. A simple scratch test will help. Take your pocketknife and give them a scratch. Consistently soft and white? Then it is probably a pretty batch of Brazilian or Mexican dyed calcite seconds. But that's ebay. I could be wrong though, looks like some is quartzite in non natural colors, too. The scratch test will tell you. Does the clear and the grainy scratch the same? But definately no agate there.

Upvote 0

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Many members of the quartz family but no agate that I can see..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
eldorado

eldorado

Mar 19, 2009
Northwest OHIO
Detector(s) used
started out with compass nugget.1970? have had many over years, current choice is Garrett ACE 350. collection includes: ace 250, AT Pro, ATX, Whites 6000, whites classic, still have my compass too.
wow so sorry I have not checked back sooner thank you so very much , the skills and talent of folks amaze, me pass it on to the young

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread