Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went hunting with a retired army guy that has been living over here for over 20 years. He has been hunting for about 15 or so. We went to a place where we thought there might have been some roman activity around 200-400AD. We hunted these terribly muddy fields for about three hours with out finding much. I think he had pulled two late 1800 coins out of the ground and I had found a couple of musket rounds and an unreadable coin and other odds and ends. It was about 32 degrees and getting late.Around 4 pm we decided to try a small grassy field across the road before we headed out. After about 15 minutes I had a signal and could not seem to find my target. Finnally I saw what I thought was a flat button but it had no back on it. After cleaning it off I saw that it was a roman coin. It is very small and probably not worth anything but it will go great in my collection! I found one more coin after that (an 1899 something )and some trash. Hope all is well and happy hunting. :)

Attachments

• Jan13ROMANCOIN1.jpg
    Jan13ROMANCOIN1.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 400
  • Jan13$romancoin3.jpg
    Jan13$romancoin3.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 370
  • Jan13coins.jpg
    Jan13coins.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 389
  • Jan13RELICS.jpg
    Jan13RELICS.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 380
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WTG birdman!!!...and just think you only just joined the 1700 club...Keep em' comin',congrat's....HH!!

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found out that there is an old Roman settlement about seven miles up the road!? :) The top of the Moutian is off limits but you can hunt the base and the sides. I talked to a guy that said he found a roman key there.The only problem is the ground is frozen solid.? ????

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread