RP4 Shake Table and Fine Gold

Jeffreybch

Apr 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dear Members,

I have a little operation where an Icon Concentrator produces concentrate. My plan is to use my RP4 Shake Table to refine the concentrate, but I have been having some problems to set up the table correctly.

It is important to mention that the Gold grain size distribution study I made said that 65% of the gold is below 0.044 mm or (-325 mesh).

I'd really appreciate your ideas to improve my recovery rates.

Kind Regards,

J.

Upvote 0

ryanonthevedder

Jan 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Read the "for sale" thread and I was surprised that they used the table to concentrate 25lbs down over and over. Seems to me he might be better served with a gold cube. I have one and I am also a big fan of my new GH washer mats. They cut hours down to minutes. If I had a table I would use it after a cube or a big section of washer mat. Hard to put away the old pan though

jair

Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Whites and cheep bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I to had a lot of fine gold material, thought of the RP-4 and had the money to buy it .

After reading problems people had in setting up and the effect the weather is said to have on them if not kept out of the sun.

Me being in the desert .

I bought the gold cube.

Best and most effective for the money . Had I got the RP-4 I know now there would be a lot of pain trying to recover enough gold to even feel good a bought the purchase .

( Didn't say to pay for it , just to feel I had received enough to feel it was worth it . )

Just my thoughts .

At the vegas gold show this last week end , global mining made me an offer on the RP-4 , and I really had to restrain myself ( along with my wife ) to walk a way .

It's very easy to just go for it but with out a steady line of gold bearing material it's not worth it .

Hope you can get yours fine tuned , and if you need help please call global mining , they will help in any way possible . Good luck and let us know how you do.

mu50stang

Mar 2, 2011

Yup I am this guy lol. At the time I had both the gold cube and shaker table and came to the conclusion that the cube does it faster and you have less to pan. I would go with the gold cube hands down. Pan only the first tray and rerun the 2nd and third tray after saving a bunch of it since there isn't really much gold that makes it down that far.

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Dear Members,

I have a little operation where an Icon Concentrator produces concentrate. My plan is to use my RP4 Shake Table to refine the concentrate, but I have been having some problems to set up the table correctly.

It is important to mention that the Gold grain size distribution study I made said that 65% of the gold is below 0.044 mm or (-325 mesh).

I'd really appreciate your ideas to improve my recovery rates.

Kind Regards,

J.

I am embarrassed as I answered the wrong shaker table thread. I bet you would have problems. 65% -325 mesh gold is near the limits of what a displacement table will do. I have owned a RP4 table and you are going to have problems getting clean gold concentrate that fine. A lot of that sized gold will end up in the middlings. Forget the Gold Cube it's recovery is far worse for gold that size- really bad. Yes I tested the RP4 shaker and the Gold Cube for -300 mesh gold.
You might consider leaching.
Your best bet would be a wave table. Wave tables are superior to displacement tables for gold this size. The photo below shows some -300 mesh amalgamated gold( silver in color) from one of my wave tables.
A penny is a the bottom for scale.

Another question would be about the Icon concentrator. Is it a low G force centrifuge- bowl variation? or a high G centrifuge
with a anti packing mechanism. If it is just another low G force bowl you can run the concentrators thru a shaker table. However, if it is a High G force centrifuge with an expensive anti- packing mechanism you are going from a very efficient gold catcher to a less efficient displacement table.

George

attachment.php

Last edited:

Eh U Guyz

Tenderfoot
Aug 14, 2016
Canada
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just a little bit of Gold eh.JPG

This is what goes through a Gold cube, But with a good water table can be caught. If you mesh to the appropriate size of what you want to catch, sky is no limit with a good water table!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread