Rubber Matting question

FunWithTreasure

Oct 12, 2008
Here in NY the gold is like microscopic dust. We only get a few specs per five gallons of super classified down 1/20 mesh run threw the sluice real slow. I use a Keene A52 sluice. I have been using it the way it came with the carpet in it for a few years. I reecently got a roll of ribbed rubber matting. I was wondering if running ribbed matting is better than the carpet for this type of gold. If so do you think I should just replace the carpet piece with the matting and leave the ripples or make a small sluice with just the matting in it? Thanks

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well since you have the ribbed rubber matting, it sounds like you should do a test to see what work for you and your area.

That being said I would keep the A52 the way it come for the most par, but a little experimenting would never hurt.

I would also make the smaller sluice 8" to 6" wide with the ribbed rubber matting, I would also put small raised expanded metal in the smaller sluice to help create low pressure areas for the gold to drop out of the water flow, I would use this sluice in places that you have slower water and use the A52 in area with faster water, or in medium water if you use the ribbed matting instead of the carpet.

Skip

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions