Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings and FYI,
While working on a handyman project I was required to visit the local Orchard Supply Hardware Store, aka OSH. While looking for the supplies I came for I happened to walk down an aisle marked CARPET RUNNERS. As I walked past these materials I noticed three particularly interesting runners. Two had the same texture but different widths, these two have a sharp "V" pattern resembling the black matting on some sluices. The third had rectangular ridges , ~3/32" wide, with a depression between each ridge, the depression is ~ 5/16" wide. These two patterns may be useful for dredging. As I recall the 24" wide roll of "V" mat was priced at ~$3.29 per foot. The other "V" roll looked to be 3' wide but was not priced and the rectangular rib was 3' wide and not priced. All of these patterns run longitudinally along the length of the carpet runner, the patterns are parallel to the runner outer edges. I'm Guessing the runners are made out of plastic though I could not confirm that.

Before attempting to actually glue these materials to your sluice, test the glue of your choice on a small patch of the runner to make certain the glue does not dissolve the runner.

If anyone tries some of these "carpet runners" out please post your results here. Thank you.

Regards, 63bkpkr

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
63, thanks much for the good idea's about carpet and glueing it down.
take care and be safe out there.
ron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread