Runnin the Reydale

kat_wsale

Apr 17, 2011
So i got the Reydale and started running my $1k in pennies through. So far I have 110lbs copper and 167lbs of zinc. A jar full or wheats,Canadians and other coin. I was only expecting 20-25% from the pennies but 40% is amazing. I have it set up to sort zincs then i run the rejected zincs again and copper goes in one and older wheat,newer Canadians, Indian heads and a few stray zinc fall in another. So far i scored an 1897 indian head and an 1894 Hungarian 2 fenning. Im also averaging 1 silver dime per 125.00 in coins. 2 halves a box and a gold plated 2008 kennedy. :-)

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, 1 silver dime per $125 pennies... who's your penny supplier!!!!!!!!!

Good job with the sorting!

OP
OP
K

kat_wsale

Apr 17, 2011
BuffaloBoy said:
Wow, 1 silver dime per $125 pennies... who's your penny supplier!!!!!!!!!

Good job with the sorting!
1 Silver dime in 125.00 of dimes. I did get a silver dime in a penny roll.lol

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ooh i read that wrong. 2 silvers per box is sweet, I am average 1 per.

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright:

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
kat_wsale said:
So i got the Reydale and started running my $1k in pennies through. So far I have 110lbs copper and 167lbs of zinc. A jar full or wheats,Canadians and other coin. I was only expecting 20-25% from the pennies but 40% is amazing. I have it set up to sort zincs then i run the rejected zincs again and copper goes in one and older wheat,newer Canadians, Indian heads and a few stray zinc fall in another. So far i scored an 1897 indian head and an 1894 Hungarian 2 fenning. Im also averaging 1 silver dime per 125.00 in coins. 2 halves a box and a gold plated 2008 kennedy. :-)

How do you change out the coin in the Ryedale so that it sorts out the older wheats from zincs? I haven't done it yet but should.

kb4iqm

Mar 26, 2011
Southeastern Tennessee
SFBayArea said:
How do you change out the coin in the Ryedale so that it sorts out the older wheats from zincs? I haven't done it yet but should.
I don't have a Ryedale, but with my Coinalyzer I first use a zinc as the compare coin, so all coppers including wheats and IHP's get rejected, and the zincs pass. A few zincs do slip through here and there, but a second pass of the coins in the coppers bin will catch those. To sort the wheats and IHP's out of the coppers, I put a late 70's vintage copper as the compare coin and run the coppers again. The wheats and IHP's come out of the reject port while the later alloy coppers come out of the pass port.

I bought a batch of CMI CC-16D coin comparitors, and several bulk coin hoppers similar to those used in coin counter machines. For the penny sorter, I'm going to feed the pennies through 3 comparitors inline so I can double-check each output coin stream. There will be one final comparitor in the coppers stream to send wheats and IHP's to a seperate output bin. The silver sorters will be set up for dimes, quarters, and halves. I'll probably still do hand searching of halves for the thrill of the hunt. The dimes and quarters are just too tedious, especially the quarters. I can crank through thousands of quarters per hour with one of these.

I know it sounds sorta extreme, but I love to build gadgets, and so far I have less than $200 invested in all of the raw hardware thanks to some thrifty spending on feebay.

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread