Running Out The Storm

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out Tuesday after being held inside by thunderstorms Sat. and Sun. eve.
AS SOON as I got in the car it started to drizzle. I was like the heck with this--I am going coin hunting.
So, I drove and kept an eye on the horizon.
The place I wanted to go is a heavily used sports park that is about 2 blocks wide and long and ALWAYS has people of all ages in it.
I know it is seldom detected and I was sure I could find me a ring or two there.
HOWEVER, as I drove I kept looking back and the storm system was right on my tail to the South East.
SOooo, I had to forgo the park and decided since it was clear to the East I was headed back to my ball-field that has been producing.
The gamble paid off--the storm stayed to the West and later the sky cleared though very humid.
I detected for about an hour and a half and really only dug the wheat. I was a bit bummed, but I know I had really scoured the place.
There just was not any more left. They don't throw the old silver back in the ground once you find 'em.
So, I figured..the only place left was at the edge of the drainfield or whatever it was. I knew the ground had been disturbed in the past few decades, so I really had
not counted on anything.
I did not go 10 minutes and a got a whistler. Five inches down I grabbed the merc. YES!
So, with the old adage if there is one ...there is more. And, I went with that. I circled and gridded about a 20x20 area and finally got a deep-broken quarter signal.
I knew it was a keeper, but was hoping for a half. 9 inches later I yanked out the '35 Washington.
Was a great night. I am so glad I rode away from that Thunderstorm.

HH ALL!

Attachments

• 7312012.jpg
    7312012.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 120
Upvote 0

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....nice scoff on the silver. Love digging in the rain here but until recently a real shortage of it! Continued good hunting me bouy!

OP
OP
CoilFisher

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thx leslie.
Didn't get a chance to read your reply until now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread