metal detecting finds 005.jpg
    858.7 KB · Views: 210
Upvote 0

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
What is on the back? Attaching clip like a ladies broach, or maybe something that makes it work as a belt buckle? I don't think it's a hood ornament for a 1923 Apperson Jackrabbit. <lol>

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet app

OP
OP
H

hlewis1007

May 20, 2012
Dillon,South Carolina
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac,Fisher f75 se and F4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its a little 90 degree hook type thing on the back the front
i think its initials T W S then there is the shield with a 35
metal detecting finds 019.jpg
What is on the back? Attaching clip like a ladies broach, or maybe something that makes it work as a belt buckle? I don't think it's a hood ornament for a 1923 Apperson Jackrabbit. <lol>

deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The outline at the bottom looks like a wolf emblem might have been there - could be a custom made Wolf Scout buckle or badge or some kind? TWS might stand for "Top Wolf Scout"? Just thinking out loud here.

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
deepsecrets said:
The outline at the bottom looks like a wolf emblem might have been there - could be a custom made Wolf Scout buckle or badge or some kind? TWS might stand for "Top Wolf Scout"? Just thinking out loud here.

We are getting somewhere ... The hook on the back does put this in the category of a belt buckle. And your keen eye and deduction that this may be a wolf level merit insignia further narrows the field. Best we do some Google work to hunt for Cub Scout accoutrements.

We're going to nail this sucker by sundown!

OP
OP
H

hlewis1007

May 20, 2012
Dillon,South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looking at it... it could be a face instead of a shield... and it is small like 2 inches by inch and a half

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
hlewis1007 said:
looking at it... it could be a face instead of a shield... and it is small like 2 inches by inch and a half

Having culled through a ton of belt buckle images yesterday and this morning, I'm beginning to think it may not be related to Cub Scouts/Boy Scouts. Not one of the belt buckles for the scouts had the art deco blocky look.

Still, this is a belt buckle. Just have to broaden my search to include other themes. It has been an education for me with respect to how many style changes the scouts made over the years on design of their ornaments. I was only a Cub Scout, and didn't even reach the third level of accomplishment. Still have the book, so I guess I could try to complete the final merits. <lol>

Last edited:

deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is related to Scouting - I don't think this is an offical/sanctioned item - maybe custom made gift of some kind - cudo's to Moonrover for dedication in seeking to solve this puzzle!

OP
OP
H

hlewis1007

May 20, 2012
Dillon,South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For sure deep secrets..i am clueless..might just be some custom type deal..i appreciate both of your interest in my find thank u.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a belt buckle for a school band in my opinion. The top center is an Eagle. The bottom center is a shield. The initials are TS. T????? School.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a belt buckle for a school band in my opinion. The top center is an Eagle. The bottom center is a shield. The initials are TS. T????? School.

OP
OP
H

hlewis1007

May 20, 2012
Dillon,South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JimDon i think u might be right..top center could be the eagle i was thinking w but now it does look like an eagle..i'll ask some locals too thanks.

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other
JimDon said:

Good call. A fresh search idea. Frankly, I've about exhausted the standard scout belt buckle photos on the Internet. Might be a tad more difficult to nail down a band uniform supplier unless we know the locality. I'll Google search for band uniform supplies and see what pops up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread