Rural ghost garden yields nothing

jsandin

Nov 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A trip to a rural public land former church site meant 3 hours of wandering around in the deep woods, finding nothing more than the dregs of a few hunting seasons. I brought home more ticks than spent ammo casings, but I present my finds here, anyway. I found a ghost garden where the church was supposed to be, but I found nothing in it but flowers.

Most interesting find was a couple of cars that had been dumped in a ravine long ago. A bullet-riddled VW bug had an 8" tree growing right through the middle of it. I didn't take my camera, alas.

I did find a ghost school in an open field. Something for next time. No sign of the school, but there are many nail signals. In order to avoid heat exhaustion, I postponed a thorough search.

Attachments

• Finds 6-7-09 small.jpg
    Finds 6-7-09 small.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 461
Upvote 0
OP
OP
jsandin

jsandin

Nov 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
allen said:
keep those ticks for yourself !!

I suffocated them with model airplane glue, pulled them out with tweezers, and crushed them to a maroon pulp.

I am covered with inflamed tick bites, chigger bites, mosquito bites, and poison ivy. And all I got was some lousy shotgun shells. To add insult to injury, one of the shotgun shells was full of ants.

Is this a great hobby or what.

K

Kentucky Kache

plehbah said:
Man, you did pretty good. It looks like you got a cat collar there, some wire, a piece of gum.

All very good stuff.

Now, does everyone see what this guy is all about?

OP
OP
jsandin

jsandin

Nov 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
plehbah said:
Man, you did pretty good. It looks like you got a cat collar there, some wire, a piece of gum.

All very good stuff.

For Kansas, yes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread