Rural ghost garden yields nothing

jsandin

Nov 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A trip to a rural public land former church site meant 3 hours of wandering around in the deep woods, finding nothing more than the dregs of a few hunting seasons. I brought home more ticks than spent ammo casings, but I present my finds here, anyway. I found a ghost garden where the church was supposed to be, but I found nothing in it but flowers.

Most interesting find was a couple of cars that had been dumped in a ravine long ago. A bullet-riddled VW bug had an 8" tree growing right through the middle of it. I didn't take my camera, alas.

I did find a ghost school in an open field. Something for next time. No sign of the school, but there are many nail signals. In order to avoid heat exhaustion, I postponed a thorough search.

Attachments

• Finds 6-7-09 small.jpg
    Finds 6-7-09 small.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 462
Upvote 0
allen said:
keep those ticks for yourself !!

I suffocated them with model airplane glue, pulled them out with tweezers, and crushed them to a maroon pulp.

I am covered with inflamed tick bites, chigger bites, mosquito bites, and poison ivy. And all I got was some lousy shotgun shells. To add insult to injury, one of the shotgun shells was full of ants.

Is this a great hobby or what.

plehbah said:
Man, you did pretty good. It looks like you got a cat collar there, some wire, a piece of gum.

All very good stuff.

Now, does everyone see what this guy is all about?

plehbah said:
Man, you did pretty good. It looks like you got a cat collar there, some wire, a piece of gum.

All very good stuff.

For Kansas, yes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back