Last edited:

R.B.

Oct 27, 2013
Princeton, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Platinum Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of coin in one hole. They certainly hit the mother lode. Thanks for posting, Texasvarmit.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would take a lot more than that to pay off our National debt.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While it would be a very "cool" find, it probably has very little monetary value. I saw zero gold or silver, it looked like all coppers.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While it would be a very "cool" find, it probably has very little monetary value. I saw zero gold or silver, it looked like all coppers.

Probably like the mexican coins too, I have found 2 10,000 peso's. probably not worth a nickle........HH

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im sure it was an exciting dig, anyway! BTW, what happened to the two guys that were going to pay off the national debt with all the gold they found?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im sure it was an exciting dig, anyway! BTW, what happened to the two guys that were going to pay off the national debt with all the gold they found?

HAHA! You mean the ones who keep saying they "found" it in a grave yard when they have never seen a single coin? If thats who, they're still around.

steif

Mar 2, 2007
Yes, these look like WW2 victory medals, and seals for paper documents, it would be interesting to know why these were buried. I could think of a plausible explanation if it looked to be wartime medals buried while under attack or something like that, but post war.... we will never know. Maybe the guy that was supposed to give these out was lazy and buried them instead of giving them out..lol..

Sheldon J

Jul 18, 2009
Battle Creek, Mi
Detector(s) used
Mine lab, Garrett, Bounty Hunter,
Yes, these look like WW2 victory medals, and seals for paper documents, it would be interesting to know why these were buried. I could think of a plausible explanation if it looked to be wartime medals buried while under attack or something like that, but post war.... we will never know. Maybe the guy that was supposed to give these out was lazy and buried them instead of giving them out..lol..

True story Fort Custer here in MI WWII when out on the range at the end of the day it was easer to dig a hole and bury any left over ammo that it was to turn it back in.... Told to me by several that had trained there....
At the end of WWII there are photos of the where navy simply dumped supplies over board rather than try and figure out what to do with them, jeeps, aircraft, ammo, portable buildings, medical supplies... I imagine that happened a lot in all the branches...

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Leave it to the different branches to waste our tax dollars. I remember when I was living in San Diego they wanted to dredge the bay to make it deeper and had to stop because of all the ammo that the Navy had dumped overboard through the years. Nothing like pulling up 5in shells to make ya change your mind.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions