Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I heard this a long time ago stated differently :

"Is youth wasted on the poor or wealth wasted on the old."

Kinda like the half empty glass - never mind, just drink it.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the old have to have money or esle in many cases no one would speak to / feed / take care of them sadly--- in some cases it almost understandible ever hang around all day with pissy whiney complaining old folks? (not my ideal of fun) -- well unless they got money or valuible stuff for folks to get when they pass on many folks do not want to hear the 5,483 th retelling of old blue --my favorite dog * or similar stories -- I as a general rule like old folks (so long as their mind isn't mush) --- I find them to be full of good old historical information and enjoy chatting with em often.

sadly todays youth are often broke and rude as well -- and are lacking the life experance of the old folks and are often too self absorbed to care to spend time talking to anyone.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I told my sons to just put me in a home and not worry about me. If I let them take care of me, they'd leave me out in the rain in the driveway like they do my tools. :wink:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
packerbacker said:
I told my sons to just put me in a home and not worry about me. If I let them take care of me, they'd leave me out in the rain in the driveway like they do my tools. :wink:
Good point.Our children told their step mother and I ,who reared them,that if we didn't treat them nice they would place us in the same rest home room as my ex wife,their harridan mother,to save money for their inheritance. ;D

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
I've told all my kids and grandkids that anyone who ever attempts to have me put in a home or hospital had better be doing it out of love because that person is out of the will. siegfried schlagrule

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
My youngest son asked me how he could have me committed.
Is this a sign of insurrection or poor parentage?

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad said they have it all wrong. "They should pay us all social security until we are 65 and then work us till we fall over dead". :D

DANGLANGLEY

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
DANGLANGLEY said:
My dad said they have it all wrong. "They should pay us all social security until we are 65 and then work us till we fall over dead". :D

DANGLANGLEY

If they did it that way the kids would have kittens.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've learned that if you like garlic salt and Tabasco sauce you can make almost anything taste good. ;D

Including old shoe leather! (maybe)!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread