My favorite quotation

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
One of my favorites:

Sir Winston Churchill, when advised of the passing of his mother-in-law and asked for directions on how to proceed by members of his staff:

"Embalm, cremate, and bury - take no chances"

Diggem'

Bean

Aug 3, 2008
Georgia
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on whats for dinner.
Liberty is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.

Forgot who said it, but its still good.

Bean

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
"Gold is good in it's place; but living, brave, patriotic men, are better than gold"
A.Lincoln - 1864

This one is almost perfect for these times:

"The political horizon looks dark and lowering; but the people, under Providence, will set all right"
A.Lincoln - 1860

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom.

What one person receives without working for it, another person must work for it without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation.

You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

The Late DR. ADRIAN ROGERS

OP
OP
G.I.B.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
"If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."

(my grandma, right before she whipped me for something and then gave me cookies)

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
If you take in a starving dog and elevate him above his station he will not bite you.........
There lies the principle difference between dog and man....
Mark Twain

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Will Rogers :
Times is gettin hard where we live ,I'm tellin ya.
Wasn't so bad when the Jews started eatin pork and the Catholics started eatin meat on Friday ; but ,just last week I learned that the Baptists were starting to drink in front of each other.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
truckinbutch said:
Will Rogers :
Times is gettin hard where we live ,I'm tellin ya.
Wasn't so bad when the Jews started eatin pork and the Catholics started eatin meat on Friday ; but ,just last week I learned that the Baptists were starting to drink in front of each other.

Next thing ya know the Methodists will start dancin'

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
"We have no government armed in power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Our Constitution was made
only for a religious and moral people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other."

- John Adams
1735-1826
Founding Father, 2nd US President
Oct. 11, 1798; Address to the military

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Thomas Jefferson:

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are
willing to work and give to those who would not.

tokenhead

Feb 14, 2006
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are soooo many great quote's over the yrs.But my favorite is"I may Not Agree With What You Say But Will Fight To The Death So You Can Say It"-Voltaire.
But i also like a quote by Albert Einstein when said to him by the GOLDIGGING Jayne Mansfeild "if we get married&have children they could have my(J.M.)looks&your brain...His responce"WHAT IF THEY HAVE MY LOOKS&YOUR BRAINS"
Have a great day all!!! :icon_study:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread