Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got out woods hunting this after noon and started a new area on the side of a hill.
It wasn't long and I got a 75 reading on the DFX and I'm thinking silver.
I started digging and I see leather so I widen the hole to be carefull.
The leather was two inches down and the lowest point of the leather was six inches.
I pulled at the leather pouch and it came out and the coins slide out on the dirt
and that's when I seen two gold coins laying on top of each other.
Man I finaly got gold and wasn't sure what they were untill I got home right after I showed MPfish
My neighbor and detecting friend. He keep puting one in his pocket and I was saying don't rub them.
They both are 1914-s Saint-Gaudens,Twenty.Dollar gold. There is writing on the edge
e plu.ri.bus u.num. "Latin. One out of many. The motto of the U.S." and 13 stars.
Yes i'm very happy . It's my first and second gold coins ever. I have pounded that place many a day and a lot of days I came home with nothing.
I'll try to borrow mikes camera with macro setting to get better pic's since my camera is only for general picture takeing. I hope you all can experiance the finding of a gold coin or two.
rodgerdodger

Attachments

• my greatest day detecting 001.JPG
    my greatest day detecting 001.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 7,838
  • my greatest day detecting 002.JPG
    my greatest day detecting 002.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 7,779
  • woods-april 24, 005.JPG
    woods-april 24, 005.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 7,697
  • new pics 002.JPG
    new pics 002.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 7,414
  • new pics 003.JPG
    new pics 003.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 7,399
  • new pics 004.JPG
    new pics 004.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 7,375
  • new pics 005.JPG
    new pics 005.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 7,345
  • more pics 001.JPG
    more pics 001.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 7,317
  • more pics 002.JPG
    more pics 002.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 7,466
  • more pics 003.JPG
    more pics 003.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 7,256
  • more pics 004.JPG
    more pics 004.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 7,277
Upvote 3
OP
OP
Roger Mn.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DD-777 said:
At least $950 each - major congratulations to you... :thumbsup:

The fact that you dug the purse with them makes it even sweeter. :headbang:
Thanks dd-777.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for sharing your pics with us humble observers. Conratulation sir on your banner find.
May many more come my way, I mean your way. :thumbsup: Up date to some good pics please.

TnMountains

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to say you dont get much better than that , two gold coins and the original leather wallet they where in , I wonder if it was stached there or dropped being 2 inches probally dropped is my guess ,But definitly a find of a lifetime !

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
Welcome to the gold coin club!You sure made a hell of an entrance!! Truly AMAZING!!! What were the three smaller discs,coins or snaps? Congrats again,you are doubly blessed. Bootstrap :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
Roger Mn.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TnMountains said:
Thank you for sharing your pics with us humble observers. Conratulation sir on your banner find.
May many more come my way, I mean your way. :thumbsup: Up date to some good pics please.

TnMountains
Thanks TnMountains. I was going to have them scaned but mikes scanner was out of ink and wouldnt scan. I'll still be working on it.

OP
OP
Roger Mn.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ifoundit69 said:
I have to say you don't get much better than that , two gold coins and the original leather wallet they where in , I wonder if it was stached there or dropped being 2 inches probally dropped is my guess ,But definitly a find of a lifetime !
Thanks Ifoundit69.They were on a hillside in sandy soil. I scraped some of the soil away and thats when I seen the leather and I dug around it so I could get it out. The coins were 6 inches or more below the surface. As I pulled the leather out the coins slide out and were lying on top of each other. When I saw the color of gold all I could think about was I'm going to make the banner. I did feel a little shakey at first and rechecked the hole and filled it and left.

OP
OP
Roger Mn.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bootstrap vinn said:
Welcome to the gold coin club!You sure made a hell of an entrance!! Truly AMAZING!!! What were the three smaller discs,coins or snaps? Congrats again,you are doubly blessed. Bootstrap :icon_pirat:
Thanks bootstrap vinn. There were 3 snaps and one still attached to the leather so 4 alltogether.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions