SALWATER HUNT... 2 seniors demand a cut of anything valuable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY GUYS AND GALS

Out for a hunt today on the shore....beautiful day !!!!

Went to a place where we acccess the shore from a parking lot...been there a few times.

Was hunting along the shore when ... I hear..."HEYYYY".... I look around and there is 2 older folks out on their back patio deck.

We were about 100 feet from them on the rocky shore.... I say.."Hi there".

Old fellow says... "Mind if I ask what are doing ".....I say "Metal Detecting".

He says.."What are you looking for".... I say "Buttons"....he goes.... "PFFFFFFFFFFF"...obviously didn,t believe me.

He then says..."thats my land...I own to low water".... I say "NO.. you don,t...know one owns to low water. I,m allowed to be here "

He says.. " YES i DO ...Your telling me that you can come up to my patio and dig ??"

I said ../"Yes..but I wouldn,t "....

He repeats... "I OWN TO LOW WATER...and I want a piece of anything valuable you find"

I repeat..."NO..NO ONE OWNS TO LOW WATER IN NOVA SCOTIA !!"

He says ..."how do you know".

i SAID...."I looked it up"

He says .."I guess I better make some phone calls"

I Said... "Please do"

I said to his wife..."we are not hurting anything..it is only a hobby"

She say..."ok"..then goes into the house with the old fella....never seen them again and the cops didn,t show up.

I was very nice to them but he was very rude. !!!

He was only worried about us finding something worth $...he prolly hasn,t been on the shore in a decade. !!!

Makes me so mad...but kept my cool and stayed polite regardles of their attitude.

ALSO...CHECK THIS OUT....

I am on FACEBOOK !!!

Someone took photos of me and Cousin ED detecting....and posted them on facebook.

Under the photos they ask.... "Who are these people and are they finding anything valueable !!!!!!!"

This was yesterday....seen a lady taking pictures of us .

LOLOLOLOLOL...WTF is wrong with people ?????????????????

Upvote 2

ilzho

Feb 28, 2014
Grand Prairie, Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites Beach Hunter 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe he was going to make some phone calls to his doctors to get some new medications? Sounds like he needs some.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mind if I ask what are doing?

Yeah, I've been asked this rigged question as well. They know what you are doing, they just want to harass you. Always be nice and take the high road and you'll frustrate the heck out of them.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You can thank some of the digger shows that have ridiculously inflated the value of items to sensationalize the shows. :censored:

On one show a guy holds up a rusty hinge and they caption the value at $8.00. Please... :BangHead:

Now everyone wants a piece of the action.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we MD'ers may be getting a little too much media coverage!
I hope they took pics of your good side! They sure didn't get mine! Lol!

You stood up for the hobby with the best attitude portrayed us in the best light, thank you!

Did you find anything for all your trouble?

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been wanting to detect for three years now. After mentioning it to coworkers they all say like that diggers show. Until them I never heard of a show like that. Silly network TV and their reality shows

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I said this many times, and it alos goes for those TV shows, any attention that is brought to yourself, or the hobby as a whole is "usually" not good.

AQUA I would bet that after he said he wants a piece of anything valuable, if you would have said sure I get a gold coin I'll be right up, then laughed, I'll bet he would have too.

As well he said he want a piece, so that's a good saying he didn't care, and nothing came of it, so don't let it bother you. Do this long enough you'll run into people worse than that...believe me.

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always am proud to show all the trash and clad I dig! HH

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can thank some of the digger shows that have ridiculously inflated the value of items to sensationalize the shows. :censored: On one show a guy holds up a rusty hinge and they caption the value at $8.00. Please... :BangHead: Now everyone wants a piece of the action.

My wife and I were watching one of those shows just last night, dubbed in Spanish of course. It's the fat guy named "Savage" or something like that. Well, it seems every single thing I saw them dig was of some value. They even got into some land in Jamestown (I think), and of course every find was worth big bucks. One guy went diving in a lake and got a signal. They cleaned off the item enough to get a rope around it and winched it out with a portable crane. Was it a piece of sheet iron? An old paint bucket? Fender from a 1948 Studebaker? Nope. It was a pre-Revolution cannon worth over $10.000!!! My wife is very familiar with real-live detecting, so we had a beer and laughed at the ridiculous nonsense.

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I said this many times, and it alos goes for those TV shows, any attention that is brought to yourself, or the hobby as a whole is "usually" not good.
T
AQUA I would bet that after he said he wants ia piece of anything valuable, if you would have said sure I get a gold coin I'll be right up, then laughed, I'll bet he would have too.
Y
As well he said he want a piece, so that's a good saying he didn't re, and nothing came of it, so don't let it bother you. Do this long enough you'll run into people worse than that...believe me.

Rick..hi

he wasn't in the laughing mood. ...We kept on hunting but i was really kinda irked for the rest of the day.....l look up the laws when i got home just to be sure call...and i was right.

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
I think a few of us have been there before and have had similar experiences , I know I have, so a hearty laugh and a f-u and back to detecting.

I can be pushed around on places of private property where I don't have permission, but on public land no way!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick..hi he wasn't in the laughing mood. ...We kept on hunting but i was really kinda irked for the rest of the day.....l look up the laws when i got home just to be sure call...and i was right.

I know how it can ruin your day, like I said I've had it happen. One guy was literally "frothing at the mouth". Another time a fellow pulled out his cell phone as if to call the cops ...I said see that fellow...who was detecting with me, I sid he "is a cop", the fellow just went away sputtering.

You know you're right, I know you're right. Only thing you can do is not let that bother you, because it does happen from time to time. Got more of those too, but that's enough.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe next time if they ask you what you're looking for come up with an outrageous answer like the caskets that were buried near here or some such nonsense.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First thing, your on facebook. Your issue,,,,,,

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Give him 100 % of your trash.

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't sweat it bro. There's grumpy and rude people everywhere. Just be happy you're not one of them. :-) some people hate seeing other people happy or doing well, just the way they are. I have a guy that works at the lumber yard I go to that seems to be upset that I drive a Tahoe and always says something stupid. Jealousy is a strange thing to me, I personally enjoy seeing people doing well and enjoying themselves. Keep doing what you do and don't look back my friend

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I usually tell curious folks, " I am looking for meteorites from outer space". Also "I will inform NASA of any I find, because we have to protect the planet earth". Don't tell them if you find a meteorite it is worth some $$$...

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
usually its high tide mark - maybe he misunderstood
Ive had that fight too - at least they didn't come back - Im a wise guy though - if I was with a partner - as soon as he turned his back to walk away
I would have yelled to my partner real loud "HEY ..I THINK I GOT GOLD" :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread