SALWATER HUNT... 2 seniors demand a cut of anything valuable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY GUYS AND GALS

Out for a hunt today on the shore....beautiful day !!!!

Went to a place where we acccess the shore from a parking lot...been there a few times.

Was hunting along the shore when ... I hear..."HEYYYY".... I look around and there is 2 older folks out on their back patio deck.

We were about 100 feet from them on the rocky shore.... I say.."Hi there".

Old fellow says... "Mind if I ask what are doing ".....I say "Metal Detecting".

He says.."What are you looking for".... I say "Buttons"....he goes.... "PFFFFFFFFFFF"...obviously didn,t believe me.

He then says..."thats my land...I own to low water".... I say "NO.. you don,t...know one owns to low water. I,m allowed to be here "

He says.. " YES i DO ...Your telling me that you can come up to my patio and dig ??"

I said ../"Yes..but I wouldn,t "....

He repeats... "I OWN TO LOW WATER...and I want a piece of anything valuable you find"

I repeat..."NO..NO ONE OWNS TO LOW WATER IN NOVA SCOTIA !!"

He says ..."how do you know".

i SAID...."I looked it up"

He says .."I guess I better make some phone calls"

I Said... "Please do"

I said to his wife..."we are not hurting anything..it is only a hobby"

She say..."ok"..then goes into the house with the old fella....never seen them again and the cops didn,t show up.

I was very nice to them but he was very rude. !!!

He was only worried about us finding something worth $...he prolly hasn,t been on the shore in a decade. !!!

Makes me so mad...but kept my cool and stayed polite regardles of their attitude.

ALSO...CHECK THIS OUT....

I am on FACEBOOK !!!

Someone took photos of me and Cousin ED detecting....and posted them on facebook.

Under the photos they ask.... "Who are these people and are they finding anything valueable !!!!!!!"

This was yesterday....seen a lady taking pictures of us .

LOLOLOLOLOL...WTF is wrong with people ?????????????????

Upvote 2

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AQUA-- you'd probably do the same thing I'd do if you found a gold coin, look at it with unbelief that I actually found it grin this big grin, show a hunting partner (if I had one) and slip it in my pocket and keep hunting. The outside world would never know, because if anyone asks what I found I'd be digging in my trash pouch showing them and say "nothing much, boy people litter a lot!"

There's bad apples everywhere, we'll just make some real kicking cider out of 'em!!!

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try very hard to give people the benefit of doubt and be courteous even tho I've had some run ins with rude and drunk people in the public. Most of it comes from not knowing what we are doing and thinking we are doing damage somehow to public property. If they saw how much broken glass, pull tabs, nails, etc I pulled out of the river they would understand I'm doing a public service. I also don't like Facebook and joined and deleted the account the same week. I am courteous to people who are rude because I feel like I am representing our hobby and want to make a good impression. If it gets to the point some drunk or ignorant person is causing a confrontation, I just leave and come back another day. I'm 60 years old and disabled and don't have a thing to prove to someone who is acting like an idiot. Having said that, I would not tolerate someone putting their hands on me. Everybody has first amendment rights to make an ass of themselves, but just because I disagree with someone doesn't give them the right to get physical. Since I started this hobby in 2007, I've always been able to walk away from folks who left their manners at home. I know how you feel, tho. I read about this guy in one of the treasure magazines and he was detecting on the beach and found a gold ring. This young girl had been watching him and asked to see it and ran up the beach after he showed it to her. About 30 minutes later the girl, her mother and a police officer approached him and the officer told him the woman claimed he had found her ring. Was the ring 18K, he asked. It sure was the mother replied. Too bad, this is 14K. She was busted and the officer just walked away and she did too. What kind of example was she showing her daughter. That it's okay to lie and steal something that someone else has found. Lots of personalities out there and no telling what might be said or done. The guy Rick Savage used to yell:
Boom Baby......when he found something. First time he did that I threw whatever was in my lap on the ceiling. Scared the crap out of me. Lol

wetfly

Aug 8, 2012
I love it when i hear "can I help you?" Lol that's when I say yea that would be great ,go grab your machine and we can cover more ground--

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Found out today....... the guy is a PREACHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got nothing against religion but it is not for me......just somehow it didn,t surprise me at all.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WELL. .THAT explains everything! I mean it!!! Yup!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had the police watch me a couple of times, but maybe they're into metal detecting as well! They never harass me, so it could just be curiosity on their part.

I do hate it when someone just watches me, though. I never find anything good when I have an audience! Every good find I've ever made has been witnessed by no one. I guess that's a good thing, though. Privacy is important if you find a good digging area.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had the police watch me a couple of times, but maybe they're into metal detecting as well! They never harass me, so it could just be curiosity on their part.

I do hate it when someone just watches me, though. I never find anything good when I have an audience! Every good find I've ever made has been witnessed by no one. I guess that's a good thing, though. Privacy is important if you find a good digging area.

I have people watch me sometimes, after a while I will dig a hole and pretend to to look at something and then pretend to put a ring on my finger and hold my hand out to admire it. For some reason they always leave after that, but they have to be far enough away.

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have people watch me sometimes, after a while I will dig a hole and pretend to to look at something and then pretend to put a ring on my finger and hold my hand out to admire it. For some reason they always leave after that, but they have to be far enough away.
I think it would be hilarious to have a full-face cartridge respirator and a white teflon jumpsuit. NOBODY would come near, but I'm sure the police, and maybe HAZMAT would soon be asking you what you're doing. But I don't think it's illegal to wear such things.

Heck, just tell them you're looking for magnetic anomalies from possible UFO landings.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some reading material for you.

Attachments

• 64bff4ffe7c8e214ce3b2333cad06864.jpg
    64bff4ffe7c8e214ce3b2333cad06864.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some reading material for you.

HHAHAHA,,..... I bet he has a copy of that one !!!!!!

Found out today he also golfs at the same place I do...he is a azz there also.

Why is it that the people you would least expect to be rude and obnoxious are !!

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lotsa people are curious about the hobby...lotsa people can,t stand to see someone having a good time.

I don,t like when people watch either...but not doing anything wrong.....so I guess...fill ur boots !!!

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it would be hilarious to have a full-face cartridge respirator and a white teflon jumpsuit. NOBODY would come near, but I'm sure the police, and maybe HAZMAT would soon be asking you what you're doing. But I don't think it's illegal to wear such things.

Heck, just tell them you're looking for magnetic anomalies from possible UFO landings.

lol...YUP..that would be a good one to pull .....wouldn,t that get everyone talking !!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread