goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Haven't seen any activity here lately Dan. You been getting out at all?

Now that Clay has the California claims map up on Welcome to Land Matters I'd be using them man! I've been using the Arid-Zona map to great extent and have found several areas well worth checking out that are within 15 miles of the place I've been looking at to buy. Drop me a PM and I'd be more than happy to outline how I use his site for research. Doing a little research (or in my case a lot) during the down time will save you tons of time in the field! Clay has given the mining community a great tool that if you take a little time to learn and understand how it works will get you on the gold quickly.

OP
OP
Sample Pan Dan

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been out a handful of times in the last couple of months, but only dug in san diego a couple times. Brandon and I still trying to make sense of the area near Ramona. Ive been to East Fork a couple times as well as a dry washing area in san bernadino county. Starting to make plans to get us moved up to nor cal by summer. There's a good chance ill be up there in February/March....then ill have to start posting about Mother Load gold! I need to update my computer as it hasnt been used in a while, then I'll call you and have you help me walk through Clays site.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Not a problem Dan. The site is pretty easy to move around and the info is presented in a straight forward way. The trick is to learn how to combine the info from different layers on the map(s) to give you the big picture. Since I started really using the site, I've found several areas that are within 20 miles of that house I'm looking at that will be checked out very quickly once I'm up there and have the house liveable. Without Clays site it would have taken me months to gather up all the information I've gotten in a matter of days.

OP
OP
Sample Pan Dan

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Jeff, ill call you early next week. Thanks again. Getting some rain here, wish it was more

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice corn flake......

Allen6192009

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone. My name is Allen. I'm genuinely interested in gaining more knowledge about prospecting. I believe it is something I was meant to do and I feel lucky. A friend and I went to small creek near alpine last week. Definitely looking to prospect regularly. Thanks.

Allen6192009

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. We didn't find anything was mainly looking for water. The first place we went had nice stream but a fence prevented us from going further. We decided to go down historic hwy looking for turn off points. We found one trail that went on forever. Couldn't find much water. At the end of the one path was a water run off but vegetation was too overgrown. Saw a roadrunner and a deer. The rest of the time we drove around looking for water sources. Went through Julian and ramona back to San Diego. The finest find I believe was at the beginning of our journey. Found this truly amazing gold panning store tucked away in the rancho area shopping center across the street from the theater. Its truly a gem and has all the gold mining supplies you can think of. Very friendly staff as well. They have a nice little rewards program. That will allow you access to the claims they own. We are planning to go out this coming weekend. Was too windy this weekend. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I also have many many books for gold and gem mining that I believe many would like. Thanks again.

OP
OP
Sample Pan Dan

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
San Diego is tough. Not much year round water, and lots of claims near Julian. I have found some gold near pine valley, but it's pretty sparse. That shop is Ground Balance. Good guys from what i understand.

Allen6192009

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is correct. I know plenty of it left. As the earth is constantly changing. Has been lots of major quakes since last time the hills were truly searched. Also they are so vast I imagine lots have yet to be discovered. I want to find ancient rivers. I wanna find Cottonwood trees and horsetail plants. Gold loves those areas. Not many these days are even thinking of the gold. I imagine its plentiful beneath our feet like having streets literally paved in gold. So many just accept failure to easily they move on to something else. I'm hungry for the gold and know with all my heart its plentiful. It just takes a little work and dedication. We can learn more in days compared to those before us entire lifetimes. We have the opportunity to learn from the mistakes they made and the the traits they learned. In less time. We also have the chance to look now instead of a hundred years down the road and they have satellites that locate it all as well as make it off limits to mine it. Its a commodity too fine to forget. Its in all electronics. People all over the world are finding it in own backyard. We are fortunate to have a land this diverse in ours.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you live in San Diego and are serious about getting decent gold, start think'n drywasher and being lite on your feet.

Dan,
Heard your considering a move up into the Mother Load diggs?

Allen6192009

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I live in San Diego. Have for about 10 years. Originally from Georgia kinda like the guys from Julian. Maybe its a sign :p Could you recommend any drywasher areas? Would also love to look on San Diego river, Sweetwater river and Otay river.

OP
OP
Sample Pan Dan

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rob, you heard right. Im headed up early in March, and my girls will be up in June at the end of the school year. Headed to El Dorado county. Time to get out of north mexico, and ready for a little slower pace.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Consider joining SPMA as they have claims around Pine Valley , Buckman Springs, and Imperial. Great people and lots of drywashers.

OP
OP
Sample Pan Dan

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should have done that 2 years ago! As i am headed north, a couple of us are joining Amra...not only a great organization, but killer claims up north too. And easy enough to find good digs on public land as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread