Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last weekend I was at Hobbytown USA to pick up a new trowel. On a whim I also picked up a 7 inch Pan. I was at a park today where you can actually get down to the creek. So I broke out the pan and gave it a go. No gold :unhappysmiley: but I did learn a few things. It takes only a small amount of dirt to work in that small pan. I found that the sand has black sand in it. Plus I had a bit of fun.

Upvote 0

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May your next trip be better than your first trip!

OP
OP
Mzjavert

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Prospecting P. and Sawyer. Until TN I never had a clue that there was gold in Indiana. So I am really looking forward to that first flash of color.

A_Sly1_U

Jun 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where in Indiana are you located? I grew up there. Want to find gold in Indiana you need to find two things. 1. You need to find where there are moraine deposits near you. A quick search on google should find you some maps to steer you to the right locations. 2. You need to find someplace where bedrock is shallow. Much of Indiana is covered by glacial till that's hundreds of feet thick. There are plenty of good places along the Wabash River. The ICMJ had a really good article about Indiana gold a few years back. Hit me up if I can help you out in any way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread