Sand and water

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Hi!!!! been searching here in California, mostly huntington beach. And it is a gold mine. I have found over
$3.000 in gold in the last three weeks. However, near the water's edge The more I dig, the more water and sand runs back in the hole.I got a little frustrated.I think I will bring a folding shove next time.They where good targets that I had to let go.Any Ideas???? here are some pictures of my fines.

Happy hunting.
RD

Attachments

• a days fine..JPG
    a days fine..JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 438
  • a days fine..JPG
    a days fine..JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 425
Upvote 0

GaBeaSwpr

May 1, 2006
Appling Georgia
dunn1866'
get yourself a scoop that will allow the sand to sift through it as you bring it out of the water. Reilly's Treasured Gold or rtgstore.com will have a good selection to choose from. Good to do business with, prompt answers to questions and they deliver when they say as they promise.
You are having incredible success. Keep it up.
Jim

OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Thanks Guys!!! I was using a scoop, I got so arressive with it: it bent! I will try the mesh one.
went back with my shovel at lower tide and here it is.

Attachments

• fine (3) 14K gold ring six diamonds picture 2..JPG
    fine (3) 14K gold ring six diamonds picture 2..JPG
    21 KB · Views: 398

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one nice ring. Good you went back for it.

Here is the scoop I like to use in salt and fresh water. For dry sand I use the mesh type.

Sandman

Attachments

• Stealth (Small) (WinCE).jpg
    Stealth (Small) (WinCE).jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 347
OP
OP
Rob66

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Thanks sandman, the scoop I have does not work well in wet sand.the more I dig the more water and sand went in the hole. Here the waves can be a little rough all I do is get bashed around a little to I have to do my hunting at low tide.Southern Cal.I've also been meaning to ask you:do you find more jewlery in the water than the waters edge or shore, at any given time?

H

HepCat

You've found $3000.00 of gold in the past three weeks????Unbelievable!!!!!

H

HepCat

Oh and if you have found that much,you can afford to get one of those stainless scoops that won't bend.You got pics of all that gold??Let us see!!!Please. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread