Larsmed

Jan 10, 2007
Greencovesprings, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sandshark, bh jr.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi

I am from Florida, vacationing in sandbridge, Va last week. I took my detector out on the first night and found a nice silver men's ring...

Then I noticed, the million dollar beach houses all around me and wondered.....wow..If I only had another week!!!!

After two years of beach combing in Florida, finding nothing...bam...virginia beach produces a ring.

If you detect in Virginia Beach...Definitely go to sandbridge! You are bound to find something good!!!!Why? Hundreds of tourists renting out these expensive beach houses every summer!!!!!

Larry

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Sandbridge is a very cool, little beach. It's not as popular as Virginia Beach, so I like it more. Less crowded, and you found treasure. Well Done.

DM

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:icon_thumleft: Yeah, I stayed there a week, back in mid-80's; it WOULD be a good place to MD; if you find a money clip with $$$$$$$$$$$$$, it's mine; I lost it, when it was RAINING... :D Just joking...
:icon_thumleft: :D :wink:

phantomfinder

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2008
Denver , Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's DFX , Ace 150 , Prizm 2
You need to come to VA beach in the summer and do a night hunt . :icon_thumleft: less people ,and it's cool , and if you get there right when they are leaving . you will find lots of stuff.

In the winter you can still find things , but it's cold and you don't find as much . But it's still lots of fun.
spring brake is coming and there are 1000's of people on VA beaches every day , If you can find something you are doing some thing wrong . ???.

So what are you going to do this summer ;D , Have lot's of fun . If you can make it down to VA beach. :icon_thumleft:

Emileel

Jan 4, 2009
First, let me say I love your avatar picture. I have dove "Christ of the Abyss" more times than I can count and it never fails to move me.

I have picked up a lot of stuff on Virginia beaches, nothing compares to my 2 hours at South Beach in Florida in August 2009. I found in the first 2 hours, enough gold and silver to pay for my trip, lodging, rental car and food. I was on a tight schedule and didn't get back to the beach, but it was truly a morning I will remember for a long time.

Don't get me wrong, I am a Virginia girl born and bred but the beaches of FL were easy pickins too! :hello2: :icon_sunny:

The Descriminator

Jul 12, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites 5900Di Pro, Fisher Cz6a
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Emileel, MDing South Beach sounds very promising. I'm going down to Deerfield beach area next week for about four days. I was wondering what part of the beach you were hunting. In the surf, upper beach sand, in/out of water? I assume if the beach is loaded with people during the day then your odds of finding something soon after are pretty high. If you have any advise I'd appreciate it very much. Happy Detecting!!

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Discriminator, you should also try Lauderdale by the Sea. But I do like Deerfield. And Ft lauderdale. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread