Sanded in - Photo

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
The photo below is a good example of what "sanded in" means - at least on beaches around here.

Just a few months ago, this bench was free and clear of sand. You can probably tell it is a new bench by the condition of the wood.

But a few winter storms have sanded in the entire beach - even this bench which sits about 70 feet above the water line.

This is actually not a bad case of 'sanded in' though.

On some beaches, there is 5 to 8 feet of new sand above the old sand and old shell level.

This means the only diggable targets will be new drops.

Funny thing about the beach from the photo below . . . even though this beach is already heavily sanded in by nature, the state is adding more sand to the beach just a mile further down the coast. Adding even more new sand on top of the sanded in beaches.

Bill

Attachments

• sandedin.jpg
    sandedin.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 925
Upvote 0

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That says it all Bill. Wonder if the State folks that handle the "renurishment" ever go to the beach? I think "renurishment" refers to the taxes that they take from the citizems of Florida to justify their projects.

What the *(&(**&^& do they think Florida beaches have done in the last Millinium without them? That is the craziest program I have ever seen in my life!!!!

tractorman

Tenderfoot
Apr 14, 2009
Amen to that Brother. One of the local beaches that I hit regularly is way sanded in and there is a three foot dredge discharge pipe laying on it They are starting soon, I saw them moving doziers and loaders in last week. Count that one out for a good while

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the sanded in photo. When I try to tell someone about what sanded in means I fail. The picture says it all. Thanks.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
That's ok. Every community has things they do that seem ludicrous. Here in NE Louisiana, our streetsweepers go sweep the streets several times a year, in spite of the fact there's nothing on the streets. No rocks (no snow), no salt (no ice), just .... dust.... and very little of that!

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alot of the beaches I hunt the handrails go directly in the sand, and some places where there were 6-8 foot of seawalls has sand coming over them.. We need a lil erosion a week at a time.

Baja Vinnie

Jan 14, 2010
So Cal
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000 Fisher F5
That picture is just "off the hook".. What do you think it'll take to move all that sand?? Years?? Our beaches are sanded in bad... but not THAT bad. Thanks for the pic. The best of luck to you!

BV

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Down right depressing!

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
Wow! seeing that photo of the sanded in bench, is just a sad sight. Makes me want to get out a shovel & start digging it out!! lol. And a thought occured to me, which may not be legal at all, bring a shovel to the beach, dig down 3-5' in some places, wide enough for your coil, see if you get any hits. If not, then fill the huge hole and move on. Time consuming, insane, I know!! lol... I am in a little bit of a silly mood. But seeing all that sand is just so dang sad!! lol..

skt

FloridaTreasureFinder

Dec 6, 2009
Gainesville, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101, Garrett AT Pro
Michigan Badger said:
This is why a big old hurricane where nobody gets hurt is always useful.
It increases employment and the treasure finds :thumbsup:

lol, that is true. As many other MDer's pointed out, they are smart enough to wait for hurricanes and storms and let mother nature do all the heavy lifting. lol...

:D skt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread