Sandy on her way to get repaired

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sandy on her way to get repaired UPDATE

Well, after almost one year of off and on falsing with the sand shark, it is on its way to Tesoro to get looked at. I've talked to Rusty via email and he seems to agree that it may be a leak into the coil. I get about 2 hours out in the water then it starts to false when the coil is moved. I had mentioned it last year here but managed to live with it. Last week down in Florida, I really wanted to use it to find the small targets and it worked until it started falsing then it was out to the dry sand until it started to settle down again (about an hour or so). Got to get it back before I go back down in June, that water is so clean out in the gulf that I needed the PI to just do some digging.... LOL I'll bet I didn't get 10 bobbie pins in two weeks.

HH
Cliff

UPDATE: Day after the package arrived I received a phone call about the detector, the detector was a leaker and a new one is being installed. Talked to two people on the phone at Tesoro and both were pleasant to talk to. I'd be antsy about getting it back to try out but now I'm stuck 6 days a week on the midnight shift for the next month.... come on retirement!!

Last edited:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hopefully they'll tune it up for yea....

Walrus350

Feb 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
6 years later....

How is the Sand Shark?
I just sent my 2 month old Shark in. Trying to see if this is something to expect all the time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions