Second Golden uMax

dan_h

Sep 9, 2005
Had one about 10 years ago, liked it, but thought the tones were too close together to be useful. Just received the new Golden uMax with revised tones. If not raining too hard tomorrow, will go to a local park for an introductory session. The new tones, light weight, and concentric coil could make this an excellent detector for hunting the local parks and dry sand at the beach, for coins & jewelry. PS: I'm not that big a fan of DD coils!

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like my Golden very much, but I still can't tell the difference between the mid tones.

But that doesn't matter to me.

A midtone has to be dug if I want nickels or gold jewelry, no matter which mid tone it is.

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They give a great warm tone on silver!
And they pin point great!

Had one about 10 years ago, liked it, but thought the tones were too close together to be useful. Just received the new Golden uMax with revised tones. If not raining too hard tomorrow, will go to a local park for an introductory session. The new tones, light weight, and concentric coil could make this an excellent detector for hunting the local parks and dry sand at the beach, for coins & jewelry. PS: I'm not that big a fan of DD coils!

OP
OP
D

dan_h

Sep 9, 2005
Detected in a local park for an hour, just usual change. Set Notch to narrow setting and found it would reject pull tabs but give a loud signal on a nickel. Worked as advertised!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread