Santa Came Early (Just in Time)

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Santa came early, and just in time! My older Garrett Pro Pointer's switch just went bad a few hunts ago. It's crazy to think of hunting without a pin pointer even though I did for about my 1st six month of swinging the coil.

The wife came out of the house this morning with a wrapped package. :icon_santa: Here is what was in the package.

20151212_094137.jpg

God bless her, :love4: the only thing on my list and it will get some good use today. :icon_thumleft:

I woke up and it's 60 degrees, expecting to maybe hit 70 today. :occasion14:

There is a house built in 1864 I plan on cold knocking in about an hour.

GL & HH

Hope ya'll get what you want for Christmas. :occasion16: I know I sure did. :headbang:

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heck yeah! Much gratitude for spouses that are awesome enough to aid and abet us in this hobby.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Means you have a keeper! Hold onto her and return the favor for her soon. Congrats on the carrot!

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will love it and you are correct...it would be a lot more work to hunt without one now. Enjoy your gift.

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loco--Now you can reciprocate with giving her a Karat with embedded Carats. LOL
Marvin

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like a good women. You'll love it. Mine works alot better than the old one. Merry Christmas!

HH, Relic Nut

Cletus

Nov 24, 2015
Winchester Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett AT Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats bud. that was a very thoughtful gift. hope it helps in many recovery's!!!
i ask Santa for one myself!!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now that is a great Christmas gift!

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cool.in fact very cool !!

Enginefitter

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!! That is fantastic.

You need to put her pic up on the Banner Finds brother.

Good Luck and HH.

Engine

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone, yes she's a keeper, been together since 1987. She heard me complaining about my current pin pointer switch and she knows me. I was going to buy myself a new pin pointer yesterday. It's just one of those gotta-haves when you are an MD fanatic such as myself. Hope ya'll get what you want for the holidays.

celtic fox

Nov 8, 2015
surrey uk
Detector(s) used
ctx3030 , deus lite , garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great pointer only thing i dont like is one button for all

Mell0w Sl0w

Sep 7, 2015
North GA
Detector(s) used
whites coinmaster pro, whites bulls eye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice gifting man:thumbsup:

that's one good woman!!

my garret carrot is own it's way to my front doorstep as we speak. but my family plays heavy by the rule that even if you know what your getting, you cant touch it till Christmas eve (when we swap gifts)

I actually have a whites trx bullseye, but im kinda strange with stuff sometimes and Im not swinging a whites anymore, kinda wanted a uniform set up garret pointer with my new garret detector. also, as u have just proven, it can never hurt to have a backup of anything we use as much as our pinpointers!

hope you have a good first date with her!

how did that cold knock go?

personally, this is just me, but I never ask for permission at an inhabited residence. maybe ill get over this at some point, but I just have a feeling I will have a lot less luck with it. with the amounts of old vacated homesites and lots in my general area, I will just continue to pick that low lying fruit by sticking with vacated premises as long as I can:metaldetector:

3 days ago I got permission for a home built in 1897 in a very wealthy "old money" part of town.......I will be over there xmas day christening my new set up:metaldetector:

Last edited:

patiodadio

Feb 28, 2014
KY
Detector(s) used
Whites 4000D
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got a keeper for sure ! Could you have her train my wife please ?

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice gifting man:thumbsup:

that's one good woman!!

she has her moments

my garret carrot is own it's way to my front doorstep as we speak. but my family plays heavy by the rule that even if you know what your getting, you cant touch it till Christmas eve (when we swap gifts)

Nice to hear you have one on the way. I need to pack up my old one and send it in for repair (depending on the cost) and I also need to send my black widow HPs back in to have the cord replaced.

I actually have a whites trx bullseye, but im kinda strange with stuff sometimes and Im not swinging a whites anymore, kinda wanted a uniform set up garret pointer with my new garret detector. also, as u have just proven, it can never hurt to have a backup of anything we use as much as our pinpointers!

I'm not to much on uniformity. I just use what works for me.

It's helps when you have back-up equipment, and never forget to carry spare batteries.

hope you have a good first date with her!

I plead the fifth

how did that cold knock go?

The cold knock did not happen, they were not home, so I cold knocked on another and yet again, no one's home. While I was walking back to the van, I noticed their neighbors were out on their front porch enjoying this heat wave. I decided to go chat with them for a while and then asked for permission, I pulled my share of pennies, but did manage to pull my first 2 cent coin.

personally, this is just me, but I never ask for permission at an inhabited residence. maybe ill get over this at some point, but I just have a feeling I will have a lot less luck with it. with the amounts of old vacated homesites and lots in my general area, I will just continue to pick that low lying fruit by sticking with vacated premises as long as I can:metaldetector:

I find it easier for me to ask if catch the owners outside.

3 days ago I got permission for a home built in 1897 in a very wealthy "old money" part of town.......I will be over there xmas day christening my new set up:metaldetector:

WTG on getting that promising permission, keep us posted with your finds.

Last Christmas, the wife, son, and her parents wanted to watch "the Interview". It wasn't my cup of tea, so I went uptown and detected the park for a few hours. Am I addicted or what?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks everyone, yes she's a keeper, been together since 1987. She heard me complaining about my current pin pointer switch and she knows me. I was going to buy myself a new pin pointer yesterday. It's just one of those gotta-haves when you are an MD fanatic such as myself. Hope ya'll get what you want for the holidays.

After being together for that many years and one knows what buttons to push and not, when all else fails I pull the little boy whine button out and dust it off, it's a hit and miss on this one though:) Great gift and it shows the better half's do listen to our obsession and what makes us happy, we all need a carrot sometimes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread