Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all,

well been a bit since i posted, been busy with work and my little girl so.....maria my girlfriend and i are heading to sarasota area in 2 weeks and wonder if anyone has any ideas of where to go in that area for some MD'ing...thanks guys...gregg

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Plenty of beaches to go to but get there EARLY.....

DOCC77

Jan 13, 2007
Greg
beaches get real busy in the later part of the day.Im about 50 miles south of you and I M Detect the beaches and the parks there.great places.hope you do well and have a great time...

DOCC77

Jan 13, 2007
Well alot of clad...in the parks and the beaches,one silver toe ring at bradenton beach and a silver ring at venice beach...

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah we are looking forward to hitting beaches down there and girlfriend is from there so she was wondering of any other spots but more than likely just gonna hit the beaches...gregg

kevino1960

Oct 22, 2006
West Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark Fisher 1265X
If you want sharks teeth try Caspersen Beach (County Park) just south of Venice on Harbor Drive. Try Sharky's, the rest. on the pier, service is usually lackluster but the food is good and the view is Great! It's on the way to Caspersen and a good landmark to ask locals directions to... sometimes they don't seem to know about Caspersen.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
We have been to Casperson beach several times. You can find many sharks teeth easily but of course they will be the smaller ones on the beach. We will be just north of Sarasota at Holmes beach in 2 weeks. I know that beach is heavily hunted but it will be fun just to get out there and try to find a penny or two!

T

TravisSC2

I was out on Holmes Beach today and I found $1.48. But you need to get there early b/c it get crowded very fast. I was on both sides of the pier.

OP
OP
YankeeDownSouthAdv.

YankeeDownSouthAdv.

Bronze Member
Jun 28, 2005
alachua county, FL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just found a little clad at on e beach as it was so cold and windy this past weekend. hope to get back there at siesta key beach as its seemed very busy when we went by there our first night there..gregg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions