Saturday 3/6 finds

wildcatman71

Apr 2, 2007
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX 300, Vintage Tesoro Sidewinder
Well, another play day in the cave just produced some broken stuff. The biggest broken point we found in my dads creek, the other stuff came from the cave shelter. I found that bone down in the ground there too....it is weird...do you think it broke that way or it was used for something?? Thanks for looking....

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 251
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 256
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 255
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 257
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 255
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 242
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 245
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 240
Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. It looks like you have a great place to dig. As for the bone, I don't see any eveidence that it was worked on to be used as a tool. It was more than likely just split to get at the marrow.

OP
OP
wildcatman71

wildcatman71

Apr 2, 2007
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
creek astronaut said:
nice dig.hard to tell from pic but it looks like the gray notched peice just left of the large peice in the center is a hafted scraper,if so not all brokes. :thumbsup:

yes, thanks Creek....I believe that is a hafted scraper. Thanks for pointing it out! :icon_thumright: I just wish the big one was whole!!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wildcatman71 said:
creek astronaut said:
nice dig.hard to tell from pic but it looks like the gray notched peice just left of the large peice in the center is a hafted scraper,if so not all brokes. :thumbsup:

yes, thanks Creek....I believe that is a hafted scraper. Thanks for pointing it out! :icon_thumright: I just wish the big one was whole!!

Boy you are not kidding that big broke would have been huge. Maybe they left a whole one in their for you. Are you finding stuff deep?

OP
OP
wildcatman71

wildcatman71

Apr 2, 2007
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
TnMountains said:
wildcatman71 said:
creek astronaut said:

Boy you are not kidding that big broke would have been huge. Maybe they left a whole one in their for you. Are you finding stuff deep?

Actually, most of this is within 10 inches or so...even shallower. Diggin deeper hasnt produced anything. After about a foot or so...it is all sand. Thanks on the big one....man I tell you...I couldnt believe it when I saw it. We have been picking up the little fossils in that creek for 2 years and thats a first...there must be more! We have found just a few pieces of flint...but I think until now we have been so focused on finding the little crinoid stems....we have been over looking the flint. crazy :icon_scratch: spring break we are gonna spen there...and do a lot more serious hunting in the creek.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes the best finds for me off the shelters have been in the old creek beds and around large rocks by the creek. Hope you all find a bunch :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread