Saturday finds including a token

Daniel in NC

Dec 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I went out Saturday to my parents house. There used to be a taven on the back property lin e in the 1800s and its yielded oven 20 coins dating from 1837 to early 1900s. Saturday, I found a no date indian head, a no date 1800's dime, and an 1837 half dime. My uncles 9 year son found a 1903 V-Nickle and my uncle found a no date large cent and this token. This is posted on "Today's FInds"...I wanted to post a pic of this token on this site to see if anyone knows what it is. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• token.JPG
    token.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 226
  • token.JPG
    token.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 231

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
What size is it and what's on the other side? I don't have my Magician's Tokens book handy, but I seem to recall seeing one similar. They are about the size of a 50? piece and were used in illusions - pulling coins out of the air, etc. John in ID

OP
OP
D

Daniel in NC

Dec 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
idahotokens said:
What size is it and what's on the other side?? I don't have my Magician's Tokens book handy, but I seem to recall seeing one similar.? They are about the size of a 50? piece and were used in illusions - pulling coins out of the air, etc.? John in ID

There is nothing on the other side and its about the size of a quarter. Do most tokens have dates on them?

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
Really, tokens seldom are dated. Some are, but most aren't. Of course, that makes researching them even more challenging. And it looks like we can rule out a magician's token. John in ID

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread