Saturday finds including a token

Daniel in NC

Dec 3, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I went out Saturday to my parents house. There used to be a taven on the back property lin e in the 1800s and its yielded oven 20 coins dating from 1837 to early 1900s. Saturday, I found a no date indian head, a no date 1800's dime, and an 1837 half dime. My uncles 9 year son found a 1903 V-Nickle and my uncle found a no date large cent and this token. This is posted on "Today's FInds"...I wanted to post a pic of this token on this site to see if anyone knows what it is. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• token.JPG
    token.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 228
  • token.JPG
    token.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 233
What size is it and what's on the other side? I don't have my Magician's Tokens book handy, but I seem to recall seeing one similar. They are about the size of a 50? piece and were used in illusions - pulling coins out of the air, etc. John in ID

idahotokens said:
What size is it and what's on the other side?? I don't have my Magician's Tokens book handy, but I seem to recall seeing one similar.? They are about the size of a 50? piece and were used in illusions - pulling coins out of the air, etc.? John in ID

There is nothing on the other side and its about the size of a quarter. Do most tokens have dates on them?

Really, tokens seldom are dated. Some are, but most aren't. Of course, that makes researching them even more challenging. And it looks like we can rule out a magician's token. John in ID

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back