Saturday Hunt Video and finds with Makton and Etrac007 1/7/12

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Hi all,
Second installment of my video for 2012. Mike found his first 2 silvers on the year, a 1917 Merc and a 1912 Canadian ten cent piece. I found a merc 41-d. Other finds as well..

[youtube=425,350]6kNA4SmvISI[/youtube]

IMG_2807.jpg
Wheats from 12:00 clockwise: 1919, 20, 20, 30, 37
IMG_2809.jpg
Originally I thought this was a flattened cent, now I think it may be a super worn old coin. Stuff could have gone back to the late 1700's where we were. Over thumbnail is what looks like 'VS' only detail at all on this. It is wafer thin. I hate this b/c impossible to ID -- makes me want to throw it out. But since It could be old, I don't want to throw it out. But then I obsess over it and I want to throw it out...

Happy hunting.

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there train tracks around? It looks like a flattened penny that has corroded a little. We used to lay them on the tracks and then look for them in the rocks after the train passed. We never did find them all.

Dirt fishing Wolf

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2009
G P, Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Nokta Makro Simplex +
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Came across some of those screaming wheaties myself last year at one site, passed them up at
first and after digging a few I would dig those and ended up with 70+ wheaties from that site
last year. Grats on the good digs from the woods.

OP
OP
p2c

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Gimmie The Loot said:
Are there train tracks around? It looks like a flattened penny that has corroded a little. We used to lay them on the tracks and then look for them in the rocks after the train passed. We never did find them all.

That's what I initially thought when I found it, but thickness of coin is too uniform based on train flattened pennies I saw in the past.

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on another great vid and great finds guys.

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for a nice hunt!

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I just found one like that last week and had some faint letters close to the middle..Now I wish I did'nt pitch it in the garbage now :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread