Saturdays Early Hunt, No need to leave the car, I almost missed a 40%

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturday's Early Hunt, No need to leave the car, I almost missed a 40%

I awoke today Saturday about 8:00am and my daughter was already up asking me to prepare milk for her.

Taking advantage that my wife and baby son were still asleep I took from my wife's purse about $50.00

It was already 9:00 and I went to BoA to the Commercial Line. I asked for halves and I was told they had only
$12.00. I got them all. One hand roll and 4 loose halves. I love hand rolls. I got 5 40% keepers.

After BoA I went to Chase across the street to the commercial line to. They had two rolls.
Well, skunk by edge searching. No waitttttt, there was a lone 40% keeper. I almost missed it.

I prided my self of my edge searching ability but from now on I will look for dates too.

Thanks for reading

DW

Upvote 0

Scalper

Bronze Member
Jul 18, 2006
Curitiba, Brazil
Re: Saturday's Early Hunt, No need to leave the car, I almost missed a 40%

Nice silver fix D.W. 6 keepers and not much clad is awesome anyday of the week , esp. on a Sat. imo no banks open here lol, nice snag on that one 40% that almost got away :icon_pirat: Ed

tank014

Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Ace 250, Garret 1250

Try the "waterfall" search method.
Rim search
Then slide halves off of hand into the other lower hand meanwhile listening for that glorious CLANK.
Works for me and allows me to search faster with a better chance of not missing anything.
HH,
Frank

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great job, I just edge hunt but out of every roll I look at any suspect coins just to make sure. :thumbsup:

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

tank014 said:
Try the "waterfall" search method.
Rim search
Then slide halves off of hand into the other lower hand meanwhile listening for that glorious CLANK.
Works for me and allows me to search faster with a better chance of not missing anything.
HH,
Frank

You're right, that does work, is how I typically search (looking too for proofs and NIFCs), but you're likely going to miss any '87s or errors; assuming you additionally look for those as well. Just FYI.

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009

I used to think I was awesome at edge searching as well but still date searched to look for nifcs, proofs and errors. Except when i started finding 40%ers that seriously looked like clad from the side, easily missed by edge searchers I'm sure. Now its more of a game for me to see if I can find them all from edge searching - I'd say I see about 95% of them from the side but there is a few elusive ones. :thumbsup:

Also nice Keepers to searched ratio.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread