TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some pics of Saturdays hunting with my partner in crime...
Some Clad, and a Highschool ring, Also a Silver dime 1944 and
I believe this to be RARE !!
A silver and Gold Ring from the Philipines aparently brought back from the War.
By one of our soldiers...
In the shape of a Heart, with 1945 inscribed above and Philipines below in a swath of
Gold.
What do you guys think ?

Attachments

• Saturdays finds.jpg
    Saturdays finds.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 490
  • Oldsmobile disc.jpg
    Oldsmobile disc.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 488
  • indian arrowhead.jpg
    indian arrowhead.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 485
  • high school ring.jpg
    high school ring.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 419
  • philipines ring.jpg
    philipines ring.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 424
Upvote 0

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
Nice ring. These are actually pretty common, yours is a bit more unique with the gold accent. My belief was that these were mostly coin rings made by bored soldiers, but there are a LOT of them, so maybe they were sold as souvenirs?

http://www.snyderstreasures.com/pages/rings.htm

Attachments

• ring1.jpg
    ring1.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 350
  • ring2.jpg
    ring2.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 414
  • ring3.jpg
    ring3.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 428
OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are pretty cool, Obviosly from the same type of concept.
But as for using "Coin" silver, I'm not so sure, My ring actually does not look very
silvery, and even though I believe it is silver, the quality is not like the dime...
Which by the way was found only 2 feet apart.
My buddy doubled checked the signal I had my DFX, he has an XLT, the signal on mine for the ring showed about 4 inches (on a DFX this is a deeper target) Mine was jumping a little but solid, higher numbers, but he said his was a mix of numbers and he would not have dug it, if he had gotten the signal.
Personally I think the DFX is the better Machine. The Dime came up a solid 70 - 75 at 3 1/2 inches, I was in shock to see silver when it came out as normally silver dimes read 80 - 82.
It was obviosly and old house site, but no real sign of the house is left.
We left shortly there after because it was getting dark and we were being eaten alive by skeeters...

TXPIRATE

Aug 21, 2003
S.E. TEXAS
Detector(s) used
" Bounty Hunter IV Tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice do like that ring. Could have been sent to someones sweetheart.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds congrats.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice ring TORRERO. It's the first time seeing a war ring like that from the Philippine's. The best targets are the ones were the vdi numbers are jumping around and sometimes the tone is off. Your partner is probably missing some good coins. I always dig when not sure or you can push your digger down and wiggle it to open the ground a little to get a better tone. When I first started out with the DFX I past up some of those targets and now I wish I knew were they were. You better follow your partner around and clean up behind him just to show him what he's missing.
roger

Dec 27, 2005
Bay Area Ca.
Detector(s) used
White's M6, SPECTRA V3I.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cool rings, is there any identifying info on the high school ring? looks like it has been there awhile and if you could find the owner I bet it would make their day to get it back....anyway nice finds and thanks for sharing....hh

OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rodgerdodger said:
Nice ring TORRERO. It's the first time seeing a war ring like that from the Philippine's. The best targets are the ones were the vdi numbers are jumping around and sometimes the tone is off. Your partner is probably missing some good coins. I always dig when not sure or you can push your digger down and wiggle it to open the ground a little to get a better tone. When I first started out with the DFX I past up some of those targets and now I wish I knew were they were. You better follow your partner around and clean up behind him just to show him what he's missing.
roger

It's a running joke between us that I usually find more stuff than him...
I think his comment is...
Your luckier than a cat with 2 ..... oops we won't go there..
But I like to see what he gets when I get a signal because our machines are similar but different. sometimes he gets them sometimes he doesn't, he also gets a lot of Iron signals that sound good, but when I check them I say, it sounds like Iron. and it normally is. Its fun to cross check signals, just to see if I'm getting more because I'm good .... or because he has a crappy machine ha ha ha

OP
OP
TORRERO

TORRERO

Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ricky1601 said:
cool rings, is there any identifying info on the high school ring? looks like it has been there awhile and if you could find the owner I bet it would make their day to get it back....anyway nice finds and thanks for sharing....hh

The High School ring only says "High School" but does not identify the school.
There is an LAO innicials inside that look scrawled by hand and the word "Sterling" stamped there as well.
If anyone wants to see if they can find an LAO in the Charlotte Mecklenburg school system,
your more than welcome to try, but considering I don't have a school name or year of graduation, it might be a wild ring chase...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions