Saturdays Finds- North Carolina Button and a 1901 Indian

hikermike

Dec 16, 2004
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2
We had a club hunt Saturday and I did pretty good, but the real find came after the hunt. This is a spot that woodspiritcarver invited me in on. This has turned out to be one of the best spots I have detected. Seems like every time we hunt here something is found.Just a couple of weeks ago woodspiritcarver found a civil war buckle. ( http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,184885.0.html) Here are saturdays club hunt finds, and the true gem of the day! A state of north carolina button! Cant wait to get back there!!

Attachments

• nc state seal button front.jpg
    nc state seal button front.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 375
  • n.c. state seal button back.jpg
    n.c. state seal button back.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 362
  • nc buttonside.jpg
    nc buttonside.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 306
  • 1901 indianhead front.jpg
    1901 indianhead front.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 309
  • club hunt finds.jpg
    club hunt finds.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 309
Upvote 0

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice button you found there! I think the kids had as much fun playing football
as we did hunting. I found that fenial and a bunch of iron, but that is an awesome site!
Maybe if we behave ourselves we can go again sometime soon.
I had a great time at the club hunt and am glad I came and joined. They are really a
great bunch of folks. I have a meeting with my other club tonight, I wonder if they'll
be able to tell that I'm seeing another club?

HH,
Ramapirate

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
very nice button,it will probably clean up and display very nice.CONGRATS!!!!That must be a great place to hunt.looks to be a lot of nice relics left to preserve.Hope to see some more pics of some great pieces from our history. :thumbsup: :icon_sunny: :thumbsup:

fortbball9

carpetbagger

Sep 4, 2006
Rock Hill S.C
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / Whites XLT / Garrett Ace 250
;D Mike, Mike, Mike you did awesome man (as usual) ::) that is one fine North Carolina State seal button you've got there. I think I am going to stop calling you horseshoe mike and start calling you button mike, It seems like every time we are out you pull a button or two out of the ground. (Now that would make your parents proud) :D
Call you later this week
be safe
Jeff K

duggap

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
Detector(s) used
Tosoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find with the North Carolina button, I am jealous. I have found several of the star bursts but never the state seal. Looks like you folks have a fun hunt site. Keep up the good finds. :thumbsup:

downeysc

Greenie
Jul 11, 2008
DeRidder
Detector(s) used
1280X/eagleII 1989
North Carolina Coat Button
North Carolina state seal coat button. Shank had been repaired by digger. Push across face. Local manufacture during the Civil War. Dug in CS campsite outside Fredericksburg, Virginia.

Man that is terrific, love to find something like that, but from La.
Found this site, good ID-
http://www.civilwaroutpost.com/32.html?i675637:page=4

Thanks for the look, :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread