camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was going to go to St. Louis for a club hunt but buddies thought it was going to be bad weather. Everyone backed out at the last minute, but I still wanted to hunt somewhere. I called up my new buddy Roundhat to see if he wanted some lessons on his new E-Trac. He said that it sounds great, so I met him at a nearby post office because he lives in the boonies. When we first met up it was sleeting believe it or not. It was to be 58 degrees today and I did not expect it to start sleeting. We made a day of it hitting several churches in his area. Boy there are several nice old churches around his parts. He said we did not even hit half of them. I have to go back to this area soon. I ended up with Mercury, Rosie Dimes and 3 wheaties. Roundhat found several wheaties. He was thrilled and has fallen in love with his new E-Trac. He has walked these areas several times and has found very little. He was going out again Sunday afternoon. I hope he did well. Here are my finds and thanks for looking. Bruce

Attachments

• 3-21-09.jpg
    3-21-09.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 497
Upvote 0
OP
OP
camb1

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detectingfreak said:
nice job on the three silver dimes! One lady and three men are pretty good! :thumbsup:

Thanks DF

OP
OP
camb1

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
artzstuff1 said:
Some more southern il. silver !!!!! GREAT FINDS,,,Art

Thanks artzstuff1
Do you ever hunt at Rend Lake?

OP
OP
camb1

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazyjarhead said:
Looks like you did well. Luckily you didn't back out either. Nice silver finds and wheats :thumbsup:

Thanks crazyjarhead

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread