Saturdays hunt

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Saturday's hunt

Hello all!

I got out Saturday for a hunt, blessed again by nice weather here in Michigan. Headed out the cover two schoolyards in a district that I have been covering the past two months.

Nothing earth shattering to share but glad to be out there swinging. I had to end both hunts a bit early because kiddies were filling up the playground. The first place was invaded by little soccer girls and their siblings wanted to play on the play structures so I moved to the school down the road. It was such a nice day that this playground quickly filled with families and kids wanting to play. It makes me nervous when they are running around me playing while I hunt because I afraid they may run into my digging knife, so I packed it up when too many were there with me.

Fun hunt, a great day to be out there. 3.5 hours hunt time 145 coins for a $10.57 face value. My cool finds were a pocket knife that actully still works, not too rusted, a Minnesota souveneir ring (not gold or silver), a VERY thick and big trinket loop earring, and an elongated penny with "Sue" the T Rex.

HH to all. Here's a shot of yesterday's finds.

BDoo

Attachments

• 20OCT07.jpg
    20OCT07.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 572
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Saturday's hunt

Another great haul. Congrats BDoo.
Hell, I'd be nervous around you too. I've seen a picture of your digging tool. Very scary. :o ;)
-MM-

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Looks like a great time! I know what you mean about "invading" the kids' domain :D

Glad to see you enjoying this great weather, it was nice here too!

Nat

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250

Nice finds Bdoo, shame that loop wasn't gold and I understand about the kiddies, they have no problem sticking thier hands in holes at the worst times. When it gets too crowded,I just head to another location!!

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds BDoo

mountainplayer

Oct 10, 2006
Way Northern California
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & Minelab EX2

Hi BDoo. It's always fun, isn't it? I envy your stamina in digging that number of coins and goodies. I'd have long been sitting in the truck drinking coffee ;D

I think my season is coming to a close. I noticed the first frost today during a hunt with a new MD buddy. I'm hoping for three or four more weeks before winter really takes hold, but who knows?

MP

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500

Really good day, it looks like. You found enought to pay for the coffee. Hope you get back out soon.
Joe

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You never cease to amaze me... I can dream ...

Southern_Boy

Feb 2, 2007
New York State..Vestal, NY
Detector(s) used
Fischer CZ-3D

You found my Sue! Tell her I am still in love with her and live in NYC now! I think sue is located in Chicago museum...not sure though. Great finds and it is always fun to go out and relax.

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice bunch of finds.

Where from in Michigan?? I live in Hesperia but am in Iraq until April~May. I mostly detect in Newaygo/Oceana/Muskegon/Mason Counties.

Congrats again on the haul!!!

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

Bdoo, you are an amazing woodchip hunter! Since my toenails are realllly long and I can't afford any clippers, can I have the one you found? :D ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It is soooo good to see the fall weather finally arrive, isn't it! Always super finds, Scooby!!

Congrats! Nana :)

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

ModernMiner said:
Another great haul. Congrats BDoo.
Hell, I'd be nervous around you too. I've seen a picture of your digging tool. Very scary. :o ;)
-MM-

lol. I am harmless... really :D
Thanks MM!

:)

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Natman said:
Looks like a great time! I know what you mean about "invading" the kids' domain :D

Glad to see you enjoying this great weather, it was nice here too!

Nat

Hope it stays nice through the fall so we can get a few more weeks in huh!
Thanks Nat!! Good luck to you.

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Jack(IN) said:
Nice finds Bdoo, shame that loop wasn't gold and I understand about the kiddies, they have no problem sticking thier hands in holes at the worst times. When it gets too crowded,I just head to another location!!

The loop came from over 6 inches in the woodchips and no tarnish so it must be well made... but no hallmark :(
Thanks Jack (goldman!!)

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

mountainplayer said:
Hi BDoo. It's always fun, isn't it? I envy your stamina in digging that number of coins and goodies. I'd have long been sitting in the truck drinking coffee ;D

I think my season is coming to a close. I noticed the first frost today during a hunt with a new MD buddy. I'm hoping for three or four more weeks before winter really takes hold, but who knows?

MP

Hiya MP! Thanks for the friendly note!
I hope you get out a few more times and hit it big, a nice memory to last through the winter months! Good luck!

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

oneveteran said:
Really good day, it looks like. You found enought to pay for the coffee. Hope you get back out soon.
Joe

Thanks Joe, yep, a big ole cup of coffee ;D

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

bootybay said:
You never cease to amaze me... I can dream ...

Thanks "R"!! You're doing fine friend, but I always dream and try think positive... "the next signal is going to be gold"...lol
Of well, it helps keep me focussed at least. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread