Saturdays hunt

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Saturday's hunt

Hello all!

I got out Saturday for a hunt, blessed again by nice weather here in Michigan. Headed out the cover two schoolyards in a district that I have been covering the past two months.

Nothing earth shattering to share but glad to be out there swinging. I had to end both hunts a bit early because kiddies were filling up the playground. The first place was invaded by little soccer girls and their siblings wanted to play on the play structures so I moved to the school down the road. It was such a nice day that this playground quickly filled with families and kids wanting to play. It makes me nervous when they are running around me playing while I hunt because I afraid they may run into my digging knife, so I packed it up when too many were there with me.

Fun hunt, a great day to be out there. 3.5 hours hunt time 145 coins for a $10.57 face value. My cool finds were a pocket knife that actully still works, not too rusted, a Minnesota souveneir ring (not gold or silver), a VERY thick and big trinket loop earring, and an elongated penny with "Sue" the T Rex.

HH to all. Here's a shot of yesterday's finds.

BDoo

Attachments

• 20OCT07.jpg
    20OCT07.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 572
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Re: Saturday's hunt

Southern_Boy said:
You found my Sue! Tell her I am still in love with her and live in NYC now! I think sue is located in Chicago museum...not sure though. Great finds and it is always fun to go out and relax.

Thanks for the info on Sue, I think you're right. One of the kiddies probably got it from a school trip or something (rich side of town) Thanks for the read and reply!

:)

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Re: Nice bunch of finds.

SgtSki in MI said:
Where from in Michigan?? I live in Hesperia but am in Iraq until April~May. I mostly detect in Newaygo/Oceana/Muskegon/Mason Counties.

Congrats again on the haul!!!

Thanks Sarge!! I will PM you later OK.
and also a big time thank you for the service you are doing for us all!
God bless and take care my friend!

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

KirkPA said:
Bdoo, you are an amazing woodchip hunter! Since my toenails are realllly long and I can't afford any clippers, can I have the one you found? :D ;D

Thanks and ewwwe. I have a giant pair I found a couple weeks back, I'll send it right away dude. ;D ;D ;D
Take care and no more kissing the gf's puppy.

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Nana40 said:
It is soooo good to see the fall weather finally arrive, isn't it! Always super finds, Scooby!!

Congrats! Nana :)

Thanks Nana. Seeing you here ALWAYS cheers me up. Good luck out there friend!

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

looks like another great hunt Bdoo ! keep it up ;)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gee, I wish I could find nice things like you find. The park I visited yesterday had some big rubber mat under the swings and the springy, rocking horse. So if you dropped something there you would see it. I tried running in the all metal mode but everything was beeping, I settled in on the coin mode and just dug. Oh, well maybe the next hunt will produce more.

;) RR

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE

I love buff's and your's has a date on it, WTG. Thanks for the story and for sharing your finds.

HH and good luck.

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000

Nice hunt Bu-Dee.
This weekend was beautiful, although it certainly created a few bad hair-do's!
Is that a skate key.....right of center?
Also, I believe "Sue" was at" The Dow "for quite a while last year.
Take care and best of luck......joe

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250

Hey Bobby, nice batch of clad! You must fly around those tot lots! It takes me all day to find that much. ::) All hail to the King! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread