SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Early evening a couple of neighbors were outside my neighbors front door with worried looks and confused looks. They told my wife and I that there concerned about the lady that lives there. Her paper was not picked up, and a postman got no answer for a delivery, door was onlucked. Called 911 and let them know we had a situation, but we hadn't gone in. With 911 on line I went in and there she was in a fetus position tangled up with her 4 walker. Checked pause, no dice. 911 asked if she was breathing. It appeared she was. I stroked her head and arms to get movement. There was a flinch of movement which told us she's alive. 911 said great, medics should be there. They showed up and took her to the hospital in pretty bad shape. She had tobe there all day with the phone six feet away. She's a strong and independen't lady and should pull through. Heard today that she might be going to a nursing home. That's what neighbors are for. I'm glad I was there for her.

Upvote 0

njal

May 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She was lucky she has good neighbors .

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm glad you were there for her too. I love my neighbors. We check on each other all the time, & if anyone is in need, we are there for each other.

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been in that situation many times! I was an EMT for nine years, did more CPR than I care to admit. Most first aid is just common sense, CPR is a different story which is why I was a CPR instructor for 8 of them years. It was good that you touched her, this caused a stimulant in her brain to react. Kudo's to you!!! Great job!!!

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job!

Anita (a former EMT)

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sonny, you did a terrific job saving your neighbor's life!

I commend you on your quick thinking and proper actions taken to save her life. Great job!

Lorraine

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG From Chug And Red :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

MiamiFox

Aug 2, 2013
Miami Florida
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030. Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Howie Scoop
Colt Python .357 6"
Winchester 94 30-30
Primary Interest:
Wow what a great story and happy ending. Thanks for sharing that with us.

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Great job! I hope this will have a happy ending.

While of course i'm way too young to be concerned..I have taken to the habit of wearing my cell phone on the collar of my shirts. It makes hearing the phone real easy (especially detecting) and the phone is available for quick access.

Harold in Fla.

Jul 18, 2007
N.C
Detector(s) used
I use the excel 1000 have been since they came out.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG Sonny, that's the way to help a neighbor, the nursing home they can watch her, we had a women in our park fell and broke her hip and stayed their all night and her daughter found her, older people if by them selffs should have one of them medic alearts on them. nice Job Sonny.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread