Saw the competition today

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
The armored car service that delivers my coins to 2 of my banks hits a grocery store first, then my 2 banks. I happened to be coming out of McDonalds and saw the truck over at the grocery store. I decided to go to bank #1 and wait, as I new it would be there in 5 minutes of so. I take a seat on one of the chairs, and i see several people walk into the bank behind me. My bank always has a greeter, but her knowing me and why i was there, she just said "Hi" as i went to the chair. Others were greeted, and I watched as people walk up to the counter. One guy asks for boxes of pennies, and I wait to see if he asks for anything else. Almost at the same time, the other guy walks up to a teller and asks for halves. The tellers almost always save them for me, and the teller he approached had seen me there, so she said no and asked the other tellers. All said no and he walked out. the other guy waited to see if they had pennies and all the while I was hoping the truck would not arrive with my pennies and halves that I order. It does, just as he is walking out. I thought the one guy was gone, but after I made my several trips running my boxes out to my car, he approached me. If I hadn't seen him prior, I probably would have thought he was gonna try something. We talked, and funny thing was he heard the other guy too and was also going to ask for halves. As it was, the tellers had $18.00 they had saved for me. No silver. As for the other guy, he went to bank #2 before I could get there and one of the tellers gave him $4.00 worth of halves and had $13.50 left. The guy must have looked and said which ones he wanted. I joked with the teller and said it must have been the guy with the fish on his shirt and he said "yes". Well, if your out there and listening, i now know who you are...... :) I was just surprised that two showed up at my bank at the same time. What are the odds??

Upvote 0

davew0710

Oct 3, 2008
Western Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
E Trac
buffhunter said:
The guy must have looked and said which ones he wanted. I joked with the teller and said it must have been the guy with the fish on his shirt and he said "yes". Well, if your out there and listening, i now know who you are...... :) I was just surprised that two showed up at my bank at the same time. What are the odds??

I knew those GPS tracking devices would pay off!!!

PS: Like my fish shirt? :laughing9:

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
On a somewhat related note. I used to show up at my pick up bank at 9:30, the same time loomis showed up. After several months of us showing up at the same time I guess they got suspicious. They changed all of their delivery times and haven't dropped coins of at my bank at the same time twice. I gave up on trying to time it right and just pick them up the next day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread