School demolition sale

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
I started of using a bounty hunter junior! :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is about that time that the old school be torn down. However, a lot of the stuff inside went up for sale. Got some nice 1950's fire blanket boxes, lights, and industrial stuff. And then this wall phone. I know I wanted it, I just don't know what to do with it.

Does anyone have any good ideas of how I could re-purpose this phone? I want to hear!
IMG_2608[1].JPG IMG_2607[1].JPG

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Build this and mount in there.

Tardis-JPEG.jpg

OP
OP
Kevlardini

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wire it up as a direct line that automatically dials a single phone number, similar to what you see in Costco or, in your area, BJ's Wholesale Club, for ordering pizza at the checkout. Pick up the phone and its already dialing whatever favorite pizza place of your choosing. You could label it "pizza phone" and have it hanging next to your house phone.

Come to think of it, is there another phone available? I think i want a "pizza phone" at my house.

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they call them space saver phones .

OP
OP
Kevlardini

Kevlardini

May 18, 2015
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-4
Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Garret Treasure Ace 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wire it up as a direct line that automatically dials a single phone number, similar to what you see in Costco or, in your area, BJ's Wholesale Club, for ordering pizza at the checkout. Pick up the phone and its already dialing whatever favorite pizza place of your choosing. You could label it "pizza phone" and have it hanging next to your house phone.

Come to think of it, is there another phone available? I think i want a "pizza phone" at my house.

OH yes! "The Pizza Phone!" Ordering PIZZA with a VINTAGE phone.
There is a slight possibility I could get more. I'll let you know if I do get one. The thing is, the school had one of these phones in each classroom so easily 30-40 in the school. They were selling for $5 a piece and I wasn't gonna buy 40 phones. Although It would have been cool. Unless someone calls us back about the left overs, THEY ARE GOING TO THROW THEM ALL AWAY!!!:BangHead:

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH yes! "The Pizza Phone!" Ordering PIZZA with a VINTAGE phone.
There is a slight possibility I could get more. I'll let you know if I do get one. The thing is, the school had one of these phones in each classroom so easily 30-40 in the school. They were selling for $5 a piece and I wasn't gonna buy 40 phones. Although It would have been cool. Unless someone calls us back about the left overs, THEY ARE GOING TO THROW THEM ALL AWAY!!!:BangHead:

Sounds about right to me. Nobody there paid for them so let's trash them. The taxpayers will provide new ones.

Don't sweat trying to find another phone for me. If I had the pizza phone in my house, I fear I would use it an that might not turn out well.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Install it on your submarine.
Looks like the type you call the engine room with

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Technically it isn't a phone at all. It is a handset. This is a phone:

phone.jpg

AH HA!
Great idea.
Let's see. Wood, electronics, windows, chair, paint, etc. Probably would only set me back a thousand at most.:laughing7:

Yeah, but you'd probably be the only guy in your neighborhood with your own TARDIS.

Last edited:

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
may need a ringer box

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is about that time that the old school be torn down. However, a lot of the stuff inside went up for sale. Got some nice 1950's fire blanket boxes, lights, and industrial stuff. And then this wall phone. I know I wanted it, I just don't know what to do with it.

Does anyone have any good ideas of how I could re-purpose this phone? I want to hear!
View attachment 1324997 View attachment 1324998

Now Apple says to keep their I-phones at least 5/8" from touching your ear/head due to their strength of signal radiation.... So, get you a belt hook for the hand set and a holster for your mobile phone and use your find to talk on....:tongue3:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think that they give them away instead of throwing them away. What other items were they selling?

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Wish I would have had this when I was teaching high school. Take those loose wires away, mount it on the wall and put a sign over it that said---"Complaint Dept." Got a complaint? Call it in...

bigcaddy64

Apr 20, 2013
Fullerton, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now Apple says to keep their I-phones at least 5/8" from touching your ear/head due to their strength of signal radiation.... So, get you a belt hook for the hand set and a holster for your mobile phone and use your find to talk on....:tongue3:

I remember having a similar handset for my Blackberry years ago. Some company was using this type of handset and wiring it to a Blackberry compatible connector. Just plug it in and have the handset for a phone. It really got you some weird looks when you had it cradled on your shoulder while taking notes down at a stoplight. I think the company is long gone but i still might have the attachment in a drawer with the old phone somewhere.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just google handset for cell phone.

Jun 13, 2016
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
16 things you can do with an old telephone handset (minus the phone!)

Hello! I have a box of around 40 old rotary and push button phones that I need to do something with, so I've already given this topic some thought.

I'm thinking your solo handset would make a cute...

:lightbulb: toilet paper holder

:lightbulb: coat/towel hook, or

:lightbulb: book end

telephone-bookends.jpeg

You could also use it as...

:lightbulb: A quirky handle for all sorts of things: a cabinet, door, dresser, drawer, carrying case, tool box, purse or other type of bag.

:lightbulb: Mount it on some wood or in the center of a picture frame and hang it on the wall with some S hooks or shower curtain rings on the handle and hang just about anything on it.

:lightbulb: Make a lamp, reading light or night light with it.

:lightbulb: Turn it into a cell phone stand or charging station.

:lightbulb: It would be awesome as a wireless cell phone speaker!

:lightbulb: Wrap your extra telephone cords and/or wire around it for tangle-free storage.

:lightbulb: You could even use it to make a small fountain or water feature in your garden.

Wait! There's more!

I found these ideas online:

:lightbulb: Turn it into DJ Headphones: Turn an Old Telephone Handset into DJ Headphones!

FDER8DZF11S8UCV.MEDIUM.jpg

:lightbulb: Turn it it into a bottle opener: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/17662623511695368/

4a78d3db6f774a301348825e420486f6.jpg

:lightbulb: Use it as a handset for a handheld radio: Using a Telephone as a handset for a Handheld Radio

FUHXMUMGC4G8QZD.MEDIUM.jpg

and last, but not least ....

:lightbulb: Reduce your exposure to radiation by using it as a handset for your cell phone: Robot Check Here's an instructable: Adapting a Telephone Handset to a Cell Phone

71jX30jD-2L._SL1500_.jpg

I look forward to seeing what you do with it!

Best wishes,
Kristi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread