School Ring .. My First - NEW Update! ... Found Him!

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A little surprise when I pulled this chunky school ring out of the dry/damp sand at my local beach. It's 12.15g and it took some hot vinegar to clean up. The date on the ring is 1969 and the school is not far from me, Marina High School in Huntington Beach, California.

I've emailed the school but will need to wait until school resumes in January. Hoping to return this ring and see when it was lost.

Does anyone have any resources to check on my own? The initials in the ring are D. M. L.

HH Joe

UPDATE 8 May 2011: Kind of put this on the back burner for a while ...then..my new bride asks me about it. I was embarrassed to have given up so I expended some more brain cells and was able to discover what I thought was his wife's maiden name. Luckily too it was an unusual name and was able to find a phone listing in Nebraska. Turns out it was an ex-husband who gave her my message and she called me. He is a contractor for the military and working in Afghanistan. Hopefully she'll get some info from him about where and when it was lost...maybe a photo and It'll be such a pleasure to get the ring back home! (Gotta Love this hobby!)

Attachments

• Marina rg sm.jpg
    Marina rg sm.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 903
  • Marina rg 2sm.jpg
    Marina rg 2sm.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 903
Upvote 0

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Re: School Ring .. My First

WOW!! That's a beautiful class ring, Joe!

Congratulations

When I find a class ring in the near vicinity of my home town , I go to the Library and check out the class book for that year, and match the initials to see the face of the owner .

If it was a male student, I check in the phone book for the name; if no result,

then I inform the school of the name and ask them to have the former student contact me.

I hope this info is of help to you.

Lorraine

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice one!!

http://ecs.marinavikings.org/alumni/

Just do a search for the year only.

I looked, their not listed with those initials, course, could be cuz they aint registered. Lots of classmate email addresses there, can send a few and ask if they have a year book and give em the initials see if they can help ya out.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

Dr.Joe you are on the roll..that's one nice class ring.....Joe

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice :icon_thumleft:

Good luck with the return.

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congratulations on your find.

Gulf Hunter

Jan 12, 2007
Galveston Co., Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 800s

DrJoePrime said:
A little surprise when I pulled this chunky school ring out of the dry/damp sand at my local beach. It's 12.15g and it took some hot vinegar to clean up. The date on the ring is 1969 and the school is not far from me, Marina High School in Huntington Beach, California.

I've emailed the school but will need to wait until school resumes in January. Hoping to return this ring and see when it was lost.

Does anyone have any resources to check on my own? The initials in the ring are D. M. L.

HH Joe

You are a better man than me...handing over $230 for your hard work. Good thing you found it, if it were me, it would never see the light of day. I'm charitable on the silver and celenium ones though, makes my heart a little bigger, LOL!
GH

Chi Town Bruce

Nov 4, 2006

You got that right G.H., what are you running a lost & found? :laughing7:

Still and all, good luck on your return :thumbsup:

OP
OP
DrJoePrime

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Re: School Ring .. My First -Update ... Help Needed

Trying to revive this thread.

The school helped me with two possible names and through the internet was able to get the exact D.M.L. match

He last lived in California at Lake Elsinore but moved away recently. I am at a dead end. If anyone has resources I'd appreciate some help.

Please PM me.

Regards, Joe

OP
OP
DrJoePrime

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
UPDATE 8 May 2011: Kind of put this on the back burner for a while ...then..my new bride asks me about it. I was embarrassed to have given up so I expended some more brain cells and was able to discover what I thought was his wife's maiden name. Luckily too it was an unusual name and was able to find a phone listing in Nebraska. Turns out it was an ex-husband who gave her my message and she called me. He is a contractor for the military and working in Afghanistan. Hopefully she'll get some info from him about where and when it was lost...maybe a photo and It'll be such a pleasure to get the ring back home! (Gotta Love this hobby!)

HH Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions