7.8 KB · Views: 771
Upvote 0

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Green1, that second one definitely you can tell now that it is a Cleaner Bullet. That other you cannot see the rings. Yes, there are quite a few varieties and these are alittle different looking than many. Great job bud!!!

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks to be in nice shape! 7" is a good depth to find that little critter at. I believe that was about the same depth I found mine at a few weeks ago. Way to go!...especially on getting 2.

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Sweet finds Green. Congrats on that sweet silver. Keep em coming!

James in Alabama

Jun 27, 2007
Lincoln, AL
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE with Sunray X1 Probe and Whites XLT E Series
WTG on those finds Green1 ;)

Been searching for a half dime for years, but still haven't come across one yet ::) The closest I've come was finding my first seated dime a few months ago, but an even bigger thrill it would be to find a half seated dime! :D Congrats on those great finds and the area you've been searching. Looking forward to seeing more treasures coming out of that same area.

HH....James

thumbsup.gif

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome half dime!

bigscrub

Jul 10, 2005
brandon,fla
Detector(s) used
minelab ex 2, wot,and joey coils, garrett deepseeker,whites 6000 di pro
we dont really have civil war sites to hunt here in fla and it sucks! Can somebody out there put a dollar value on some of these civil war bullets? They look pretty cool, and i know their are quite a few differant types...im sure some more rare than others...but just the average bullet will bring what when selling them? I havnt been out but i few times in the last couple weeks...only coming up with 3 or 4 wheats and a little clad each time...so i havnt posted them...no wilver and i hate that! An old local park i have hit in the past has recently been dug up...(about a third of it)and its all fenced tight as a drum....back hoes got it down maybe a foot in many places...an area about an acre....makes me sick i tell ya.....thoughts of an early morning jump the fence trick on the weekend have been racing through my mind...just havnt done it...no places to squeeze thru either...went there last sat morning hopeing to see some workers to ask permission...but no one around...i did talk to a city worker i ran across ,cleaning the bathrooms.....but he said " i cant autherize it" so i hunted for a little while and left! im positive there are some barbers,mercs,slq and more to be found there...it was started about 1900...so it would be good....sigh...lol

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
bigscrub said:
we dont really have civil war sites to hunt here in fla and it sucks! Can somebody out there put a dollar value on some of these civil war bullets? They look pretty cool, and i know their are quite a few differant types...im sure some more rare than others...but just the average bullet will bring what when selling them? I havnt been out but i few times in the last couple weeks...only coming up with 3 or 4 wheats and a little clad each time...so i havnt posted them...no wilver and i hate that! An old local park i have hit in the past has recently been dug up...(about a third of it)and its all fenced tight as a drum....back hoes got it down maybe a foot in many places...an area about an acre....makes me sick i tell ya.....thoughts of an early morning jump the fence trick on the weekend have been racing through my mind...just havnt done it...no places to squeeze thru either...went there last sat morning hopeing to see some workers to ask permission...but no one around...i did talk to a city worker i ran across ,cleaning the bathrooms.....but he said " i cant autherize it" so i hunted for a little while and left! im positive there are some barbers,mercs,slq and more to be found there...it was started about 1900...so it would be good....sigh...lol

Sad but true. Not much civil war action in FL except around the Panhandle area and a few minor skermishes elsewhere. Silver is not as common as other states, but we do have the beaches and the Treasure Coast. Lots of parks and tourists to replenish the clad on a regular basis. Talk to the water hunters and they will be glad to show you the rings and other jewlery that they pull out of the surf. ( No I am stictly dry land hunter).

Every state has its good points and bad points. One of the bad points is that almost every construction site is posted. Guess they are afraid of being sued if you sprain you ankle on a loose stone. I feel you pain. Please do not trespass, no matter how tempted you are. It is just not worth getting arrested for. Lots of other sites to hunt. Hang in there.

Ray S.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread